Getting to the Beach - Wine Question

Paintbum

New cruiser going to G.Cayman and Cozumel. Will I need to take a taxi to go to the beach or for shopping? Any suggestions?:confused:

Is it correct that they allow you to take wine aboard if not one of their brands? What @ cokes, water? :confused:

Can't answer the Cozumel, Grand Cayman questions. It would be best to post these on the specific forums under "Ports of Call". There is likely some shopping near where the ship docks / tenders to and maybe even a beach area. A taxi or excursion, however is more likely to be able to provide a better beach or shopping area.

As far as what you can bring on the ship, it varies from line to line. I would post this question on the forum for the cruise line you are traveling with.

New cruiser going to G.Cayman and Cozumel. Will I need to take a taxi to go to the beach or for shopping? Any suggestions?:confused:

Is it correct that they allow you to take wine aboard if not one of their brands? What @ cokes, water? :confused:

In Grand Cayman, there is a ton of shopping steps away from the port. You'll need a taxi to get to the beach. In Cozumel, I'm not sure if the port is still in the same place as it used to be, but if it is, there is a little bit of shopping right there. Not sure about the beach though.

Most cruiselines do allow you to take wine on board as long as it's not something on their list. The official rules usually say the limit is 2 bottles per person but many people have gotten away with a lot more than that. Coke and water are fine to bring yourself, although I would think it would be more trouble than it's worth to cart around cases of pop or water.

Archived