Butler - what do they do

LoveMickey

If you have the Premium Beverage Package, and order 2 bottles of wine per person at dinner, the beverage manager will call your butler to come take what you don't drink back to your cabin.  Ours didn't even open the 3rd and 4th bottles so we had them the next day... repeat...repeat 🙂   

In 2014 when on Pride of America we had a butler named Susan who was amazing! I was a clutz and on one of our excursions I dropped my cell phone in water, when we got back to the ship Susan had a bag of rice for me immediately. On the same day and same excursion, I realized I had left my prescription medication in the back pack provided by the tour. Susan was able to contact them and got my prescription back to me before we left port! My family is a little spontaneous so my dad decided we should all get tattoos in Kuai, Susan was able to recommend a great local tattoo artist for us! While I'm sure these things are NOT the normal use for butlers, these are just examples of how she was able to go above and beyond for us, and saved our vacation in many ways and we were SO grateful for her!

17 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

Anyway, my 0.02 on Butlers, and my general Haven experience.  It was an amazing week and I can't wait to do it again.

Wow.  I didn't want to re-quote your whole post but thanks so much for sharing.  And thanks for emphasizing the human side.  I'm so impressed about what I read about not just the butlers but the room stewards...seems like they not only work extremely hard but many of them (not just as this thread indicates) really try to interact with the guests and make them feel comfortable.  

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 9:00 PM, erdoran said:

Ask the butler for copies of whatever menus you like, and order whatever you please off the menus for room service from him.  I would get the menus by lunchtime or so and leave a note if I didn’t see him with what I wanted for dinner when I had room service.

For breakfast you hang that hang tag on the door knob but write in whatever you want, whether it’s from Haven menu, MDR, or just whatever reasonable (e.g.. scrambled eggs, bacon, croissant).

I always tip at the end.  If I had a lot of room service I tip well, if minimal I tip less well.

Great advice!  I tend to over think things...

Musa (bliss) was responsive to special requests instead of the standard snacks. chips and choc strawberries and grapes. simple things. on christmas he actually gave out a ton of small popcorn bags to make it like  a christmas present. room service delivered in 45 min which is much quicker than going to the haven restaurant which was very lacking this trip. one thing you gotta watch is if you have your DND sign up, you wont get your stuff till much later. so beware. 

also we were full at dinner so they had him get our desserts and deliver to the cabin. we literally all got to the cabin at the same time.