CocoCay cabana with 77 year olds

rcclfamily

Hi, does anyone have any advice for CocoCay cabana rentals for people with limited mobility? I'm traveling with three 77 year old women and one uses a walker. Are any easier to get to and get around the area than others? How about near restrooms? I'd like to rent one if it will make the day easier for all. Thank you so much for any help!

It really depends on the cabana you are assigned. I would take the tram as close as they can get you then transfer her to a beach wheelchair. Staff on the island ca help. It's worth the effort (IMHO). The lagoon is beautiful with calm water. Once you get there it will be nice for those with mobility issues. Just don't be afraid to ask for help!😉 Also go to guest services as soon as you board & try to request a cabana close to the entrance. They will tell you they can't do it but, They might pass the request along.

Edited by RazorbackIslandGirl

50 minutes ago, rcclfamily said:

Thank you so much @RazorbackIslandGirl! Do you know if there are restrooms nearby for the cabanas, or are they just the ones on the map?

The ones we used were not too far but they weren't private for cabanas only. Not to say they don't have them. we just used the ones we saw first.😉