Mysterious on-board credit

capitainefritz

Hi!

We just returned from the Joy (Dec 15-22) and had a great time with the kids!

I noticed on my statement that there is a $15 refundable on-board credit (4 times, probably 1 for each pax in our cabin) that was added for day 2 or 3. I don't know where this credit comes from...

I did receive the $100 latitude obc on day 1 which was known and indicated when booking, but this $60 appeared out of nowhere. I didn't risk on asking on board as I didn't want to lose it, but still would like to know if anyone ever had this kind of credit?

As mentioned above it's usually a refund of port fees/taxes.  Even if you didn't skip the ports, the amount that NCL estimated for your ports at the time of booking might have been higher than what NCL actually had to pay by the time the cruise took place.  So each passenger would get a refund of those fees.  The fact that there is one refund for each passenger would point in this direction.

Another thought is perhaps did they double charge you the $15 daily service fee one day and have to refund it back to you.  The $15 amount for each passenger could point to this.

This is my thought as well.

38 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Another thought is perhaps did they double charge you the $15 daily service fee one day and have to refund it back to you.  The $15 amount for each passenger could point to this.