Celebrity Kids Programs

QueenZaphod

Just wondering if anyone has ever used the kids prorgrams on Celebrity and what you thought. Our daughter LOVED the program on Cunard. She is 5 now and was 3 at the time of our Queen Mary 2 cruise.

We are traveling March 26th of the Mercury through the Mexican Rivera.

Thank you,

Shera

We have sailed on Celebrity 5 times--each time with two children. In a nutshell, we think very highly of their children's program which is why we continue to cruise with them. Their facilities and counselors are excellent. Also their programs are well organized for each of the different age groups.

Do a quick search on this board for more information!

We always cruise with our daughter and the kids programs on Celebrity-- from her first at age 4 to the one in Dec at age 14-- have been the absolute best. Wonderful counsellors, great facilities, creative activities. We prefer Celebrity kids over Princess, RCCL, or Holland America. And-- the staff as a whole are very kid-friendly and go out of their way to carry the kid's trays or find them good table, etc at the buffet. Have a ball!

Thank you all for your great input. I am so glad to hear all of the great reviews. Not only do a great a wonderful vacation I will have some time away from the constant, "mom", "mom", "mommmmmmmyyy" of our normal daily routine! Thanks.

I believe that a 5 year old would be very very happy in Celebrity's children's program. My 5 year old son took two X cruises with us last summer and loved it. Said it was his best vacation ever (that includes Europe and several land based trips :D )

A five year old would be in the shipmates program (3-6 year olds). They have themes every day such as pirates, Sponge Bob, Dinosaurs, Treasure Hunts, Space Aliens etc. They do things like color t-shirts, arts and crafts, face painting, treasure hunts, Disney trivia etc. There are videos to watch and video games, lots of books and toys for free play. You can also sign her up for an additional charge ($6/hr) for dinner with the kids. They eat around 6 in the Windsurf Cafe in a special section for them. They had a make your own pizza night and on other nights they served things like chicken fingers, grilled cheese and hot dogs. They also get ice cream with dinner or frozen yogurt.

My son also attended the pajama party on formal nights. This runs from 11- 1 am. The kids can watch videos or play and can fall asleep if they want on pillows and mats that are provided for them.

At this age they spend most of their time in the fun factory with dinner at the Windsurf and ocassional parades around the pool deck or other areas of the ship to show off their pirate costumes etc. All the counselors I dealt with were excellent.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Sounds like our daughter is in for LOTS of fun! Two yrs ago she was on the Queen Mary 2 and the first thing out of her mouth each morning was, "How long until Playzone opens??" I am sure we will be hearing the same thing on this cruise.

Thank you everyone!

I'm sorry I can't help you with that. Both of our cruises were to Bermuda on Zenith. I can say that our son was with us at all times when we were off-ship. We tried to do kid oriented things. The beach is always a hit but we also took horse and buggy rides, went to the aquarium, the ocean discovery center...things like that. Shopping was his least favorite activity (takes after his Dad :D ).

Your cruise sounds wonderful. Enjoy!!

Archived