Spa appointments - need to book ahead?

lisa6191

Does the spa get booked up? I am wondering if I need to schedule a service ahead of time or if I can wait till we get on board. If I do schedule something ahead of time and pay for it, can I switch the payment to on board credit once we are onboard? I have read that people have done that successfully with shore excursions, but I wasn't sure if it would work with a spa appointment.

I will be on the Encore, if it matters. We only have one sea day on the 10-night cruise so I assume that day will be busy, but I was thinking maybe scheduling late on a port day.

Thanks!

I asked this question elsewhere and was given to understand that because the Spa is run by Steiner, it was unlikely that you could apply OBC once on board.  That sort of makes sense.

So what I did was... on embarkation day, before going to the Colonnade for lunch, I went straight to the Spa as soon as I got on board and booked the appointments I wanted.  And then of course I could use my OBC.