What day in April for 2007 sailings?

seaver

Last year, RCCL opened bookings in 4 or 5 phases grouped by destination and ship -- as I recall it took almost a month from the release of the first phase for all of the 2006 sailings to be available fror booking. Various TA's were kind enough to post the schedule and updated itineraries on these boards when it became available. We booked Explorer for June '06 on the day it opened to the public -- May 15, 2005. As I recall, this sailing was in the 2nd or 3rd phase of destinations/ships to open for booking.

FYI - we sailed Enchantment in March '05 and were hoping to get an onboard booking credit for our 2006 cruise -- since the 2006 sailings had not opened at that time, the loyalty ambassador gave us a coupon for the onboard booking credit (FYI - we were Platinum C&A at the time...not sure if that helped...we discussed the situation with her at the Platinum/Diamond brunch and she later mailed the coupon to our home - it was valid for a new booking made by July 31, 2005).

How long before they start taking bookings in April will folks know the dates of the itinieraries? I would like to book the day the itineraries open up but we will need to have a rough guess of prices and dates before we call up. We'd like to take Brilliance to the Med/Venice in Sept 2007 but we don't know if she will have the same ports, etc.

I called RCI Friday to find out when the rates/dates would be listed for June/July 2007 for Europe cruises. She told me the end of February, first of March. I hope there is a way to find out when the first day is. I would like a Royal Family Suite on the Jewel doing the 12 night Scandinavia/Russia route. There are so few RFS's that they go quickly!

Wow! We only settled on it today. If you hear anything about dates or Balcony rates for then, please post. I'd really appreciate it! We can be charter members of the Meet and Mingle!

Will do. We are going on the brilliance for the third time in April,Love the SHIP!

Be aware that even after the itineraries are published and bookings made, the line can make alterations to them. Last Fall, RCI decided to extend Jewel of the Seas time in Europe by adding another 12 night cruise before it does its transatlantic. Then they decided to change the Jewel's round trip Boston cruises from a Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary to a NE/Canada itinerary. They are constantly tweaking the schedule so it really is important to keep track of your cruises even after you book them. Usually the changes are made in plenty of time for those already booked to cancel without penalty and sometimes they will offer compensation to those affected by the change.

Archived