Aurora Cabin Advice

CC71

We are looking to book a 7 night cruise on the Aurora for April 2020 and have had a quote for a balcony on C deck or A deck both aft and mid-aft. I don’t have brilliant sea legs and have found forward is a complete no go for me! Mid-ship is ideal but we are trying to keep costs down as this is an extra holiday to others already booked for this year. I would appreciate thoughts from previous Aurora guests on Deck A or C cabins.

Many thanks 

Claire 

Edited by CC71
Typo

We're not long back from 10 nights in a mid-aft balcony on C deck and had absolutely no complaints. We hardly felt any movement at all, although we were blessed with fairly flat seas all the way.  We had an inside aft on A deck on a previous cruise and this was perfectly fine as well, but we can't remember how much movement we got in there, sorry.

A deck is higher so any movement of the ship will be amplified, and I would suggest that if you don't fancy forward then aft may not be for you either as you'll feel a similar amount of pitch as forward.

Thank you both very much  for your replies, we are going with mid-aft on C deck.  Strangely, I have found that I can cope with aft much better than forward! This will be our first cruise on Aurora, so we are looking forward to trying a smaller ship experience with P&O. 

1 hour ago, CC71 said:

Thank you both very much  for your replies, we are going with mid-aft on C deck.  Strangely, I have found that I can cope with aft much better than forward! This will be our first cruise on Aurora, so we are looking forward to trying a smaller ship experience with P&O. 

Aurora is beautiful, a little quirky, but lovely once you get used to it. 

You won't have a more relaxing cruise on a P&O ship. 

Have a great time,

Andy 

Our favourite ship.  Although we don't have balconies, if your sea legs aren't good, then I would go mid and lower.  forward is worse when the wind is on the nose of the ship because it will pitch.  But if the wind is on the stern or the sides of the ship, then she will roll.  You definitely don't want A deck.

• Like 1

I also have spent much time on the Aurora, and would advise C deck.  
Point one.  It is very slightly lower so there would be slightly less movement.  

Point two.  If there is an open deck above you, the crew start tidying up the lounges at about 6 pm so you would get quite a lot of noise from the dragging of chairs/loungers.

Thank you everyone, it wasvery helpful to hear from previous Aurora cruisers. We have booked C deck,mid ship,and gone for second sitting dining, plus we have persuaded our friends to join us too! Looking forward to trying a smaller ship experience with P and O

3 hours ago, CC71 said:

Thank you everyone, it wasvery helpful to hear from previous Aurora cruisers. We have booked C deck,mid ship,and gone for second sitting dining, plus we have persuaded our friends to join us too! Looking forward to trying a smaller ship experience with P and O

I'm sure you will have a great time. 

We would choose that position and dining option too. 

Andy