Anyone know about military discounts on Royal Caribbean?

My husband and I are going on Enchantment of the Seas in August for our anniversary. He is a Marine and I was wondering about military discounts. It says on their website that they do offer military discounts but you have to get a list of travel agents who have the authority to give them and to get the list you have to call human resources. Well i called and the lady in human resources acted like she didnt know what i was talking about and said RCI doesnt give military discounts. but it says on their website that they do. Anyone know anything about this or how to go about getting a mil. discount? Thanks!

The do have discounts, but per RCCL customer service you have to book through SATO Travel in order to get them. My husband is not active duty anymore, and tracking down a SATO office to book through them wasn’t on my list of priorities. BUT, if you have one nearby, you may as well give it a shot!

My husband and I are going on Enchantment of the Seas in August for our anniversary. He is a Marine and I was wondering about military discounts. It says on their website that they do offer military discounts but you have to get a list of travel agents who have the authority to give them and to get the list you have to call human resources. Well i called and the lady in human resources acted like she didnt know what i was talking about and said RCI doesnt give military discounts. but it says on their website that they do. Anyone know anything about this or how to go about getting a mil. discount? Thanks!

I went to RCI's web site in search of "military rates". In their FAQ section they state that "yes, we do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel". You may need to check with RCI or a cruise agent for the list of "selected sailings". :cool: I'm checking with my cruise agent re: authorization to offer Military discounts. I'll post again when I know the answer.

My nephew, a Marine, was scheduled to be deployed yesterday to Iraq from Okinawa.

Thank you for serving our country!! May God keep you safe.

They do offer and you can either go though SATO or ITT. If you don't have a base near by you can just call any and do the fax thing! I worked for services while my husband was active duty Air Force for 10 years. If you need help let me know and I will track down the closest base to you. OR you can do it online at any .mil base! They will have a number on there for their services department.

Royal Caribbean does indeed offer a military discounted fare on selected cruises for active duty and retired military. I am retired US Air Force and I cruised last month on the Navigator OTS at a military rate. I used *****.com and I had no problems at all. You will be required to provide proof of your military status at check in at the port. Thank to your husband and may God bless.

We are also going on the Enchantment of the Seas, 8/14. I contacted SATO through their toll free number (sorry I don't have it) and all military rates were sold out for that cruise. The agents at SATO are very friendly and took my number and called me back so I wouldn't have to stay on hold while they checked with RCCL. I guess it works just like the airlines were they have a limited number of discounted seats and when they are gone thats it!

Happy Anniversary and have a great cruise!:)

My cruise agent has just responded to my inquiry. She recommended you contact a military base for the travel info. I'm not military, but all 3 of my brothers were career, and now my nephews are following in their fathers' footsteps. If there is any help I can offer, please let me know. I will keep this thread in my "Favorites" folders. I know you're a Marine, but I'm close to Ft Leavenworth, if that will be of any help.

God bless you for your service to our country. :)

I have used the military rate...The easiest place to check them is vacationsto go.com!!! Very easy to use. Also try satovacations.com. That is the military travel site. Good luck.

Skyw

To get a military discount we have used either dargal.com or kviinterline.com They do not just cater to Canadian Military they also work with US as well.Both of thier rpices are in US funds. I have been looking at Vacations to go.com but I find they are pretty comparable to the interline groups. Use your search engine and key in interline travel agents I'm sure there is alot of them.Most of the cruise line offer Military discounts but be careful as some do not IE Carnival will not honor Canadian military interliners but there sister companies Princess and HAL will..oh well Carnival's loss I guess.

Good luck hope this helps

Archived