anyone else plan their trips as far ahead as me??

Squirtreena

I always book at least 12 to 15 months ahead. I usually do two long cruises a year in March - May and Dec - Jan. I don't cruise during hurricane season.

I booked for my April 2, 2006 Panama Canal and Dec 9, 2006 Hawaii last year.

Booked my March 2007 to the Caribbean last May. Nothing booked yet for 2008 because Celebrity hasn't come out with their new schedule yet.

I try to book while I'm on my cruise to receive my shipboard credit and I've always got a very good price for booking early.

Glad to see there are other early birds out there. Cruising is very popular and I think you have to book early if you want a particular cabin.

December 2007 is our 30th anniversary. I would love to do Hawaii, my DH prefers transatlantic, and panama canal. Not sure what our compromise position will be - :confused:

so - we're waiting for the 2007 calendar to come out -:p

WOW!! ATB, I didn't remember making this post. December 28th, 2007, will be our 30 year anniversary as well and we're discussing (guess what) Hawaii, a transatlantic or Panama Canal cruises. This is different for us as we are part of the find a deal and book late crowd. I think the earliest we have ever booked a cruise is 4 months and the latest is a week and a half. The Constellation repo we're on in March came up in late December when we found a family ocean view cabin for $701 pp for 8 nights and couldn't pass it up.

This could change, however. As we get more cruises under our collective belts we find we're getting pickier about cabins we like and are less willing to just take the itineraries that come with the great deals. We've been used to cruising for cruising's sake and now have become a little worn out by all of the Carribean ports we've seen time and again. The more exotoc itineraries tend to fill up and not show up as last minute deals, so if we want to see the Med, for example, we'll probably need to book early and pony up the going price at the time. This is especially true for an extended cruise where we will definitely want a comfortable cabin and want to be able to make our choice of one when booking, rather than taking what's available later.

We're going to cruise a couple of times a year.....we just never know when.

We've booked ALL of our cruises at least 10/11 months in advance, with the exception of our Zenith cruise in December 2005. It was a last minute decision to go, we booked maybe 4 weeks prior to the cruise, and were able to book a suite at a great price.

Karen

We just booked on the Celebrity Mercury 11 night to the Mexican Riviera Monday January 29th 2007 out of San Diego

we just returned from 7 night Golden Princess

We make it a habit to book our next Cruise on the ship or as soon as we return for the fallowing year 11 to 13 month's in advance

this way we get early discounts if avilable plus good choise of Cabins

we do like to get a Suite (they are becoming more popular and sell out early)

STUR DAYTON,OHIO:)

I just booked the galaxy southern carribean for 2/11/07 - gives me time to shop for air to san juan/ I often book ahead and will probably book a northern europe for 2008 while I am on the ship next year. I look forward to retirement when I can plan last minute trips and not have to worry about vacation days!!

:p I would like to say THANK YOU!. I drive my family nuts because I book our vacations so far in advance. One being I need Feb vacation, and Two it's never cheap that time of year. Airfare is always blackout dates....

We are sailing again Feb 18 2007 FOS..I'm hoping to book for 2/2008 very soon, I'm waiting on FOS reviews..or I might try Carnival next time..:)

:D Hi,

We always book as far ahead as possible;; very good rates ( and they're protected until full payout time which is only 80-odd days prior to sailing);; top choice of cabins ( an important criteria for us );;lots of time to plan pre/post actions and transportation;;planning is already hal the fun of actually sailing ( the longer the merrier...);;$$$ involvement is generally limited to small deposit and nothing more until 80-odd days prior;; if booked while on a current cruise, even lower deposit AND a shipboard credit;;

Our next 2nd April INFINITY panama cruise was booked Nov'04 !!!

Our next Fall '07 cruise will be board while on board this one...and if we can, our '08 late spring Europe cruise as well....

Happy sailings

Cheers

;)

:D

I book about a year in advance for price and avaiability and to match our tight schedule, but DH won't commit till much later, usually when I find a great air deal and force a decision for non-refundable tickets. (and since even these are fares are generally transferrable, with a fee, DH can continue to pretend we are not going on a particular trip till final payment day)

Oddly enough, for our end of year cruise for 2006, right now I hold two separate bookings (because of a fantastic price on one, and the other which we booked onboard in December) and probably won't commit to one or the other for a couple more months. Then, the real question will be whether to roll the deposit on the second over to a "last-minute" extra cruise this year or to push it to next year.

I am planning the cruise for next xmas out of Los Angeles to Hawaii...

I have to save this long...couldnt afford this xmas..so had to go for next.

I am assuming the date is around the 23 of december...

Since last year (05) we have been planning a cruise for our family (kids and grandkids) for our 40th anniversary in 2008. Have to give them time to save up for it.

Don't do carnival!!!!

Have YOU ever sailed Carnival??

Anyway, I plan as far out as possible. I've booked various cruise from 5 to 16 months ahead. Which is why I'm on the Celebrity board now! :rolleyes:

I'd like to do Bermuda for our 25 anniversary/my DH 50th birthday in the fall of 2007.

to Rick and Anne,

if we end up on the same cruise for our 30th anniversary - we will have to get together.:)

We are also looking at the westbound Constellation transatlantic for 2007 - depending on itinerary.:p

[quote name='atb']to Rick and Anne,
if we end up on the same cruise for our 30th anniversary - we will have to get together.:)
We are also looking at the westbound Constellation transatlantic for 2007 - depending on itinerary.:p[/quote]
I also didn't notice earlier that you were from Gettysburg....feels like you're just down the road from Collegeville. And so it continues since the westbound Constellation is one of the favorites we're looking at, too. Tonight we were also talking about a New Year's cruise 2007-08 since our anniversary is so late in the month. We'll have to stay in touch on this one. My email is kubach6554 at comcast dot net.
Rick

Archived