Encore GSC shore excursions

bkrickles1

I am on one of the Encore sailings (1/19/20) that had GSC added to their itinerary.

Has anyone that's had this added been able to book shore excursions for that stop?

I'm 17 days until my sailing and I called the shore excursion desk this morning for the 3rd time and they still can't help me.

It just seems weird to me as it's been about 2 weeks since the change was announced officially and I'd like to book a villa or cabana and don't want to get shut out.

Does anyone know which Encore sailing is the first to sail with the new itinerary?

TIA

Good Morning,

I'm on  the 1/19 sailing as well. I have been waiting and watching as well.  I looked at the schedules of the next 2 sailings and they are still on the original itinerary, no GSC.  Looks like ours is the first. Are you looking to try Silver Cove?

Cheers

6 minutes ago, MiDenny said:

Good Morning,

I'm on  the 1/19 sailing as well. I have been waiting and watching as well.  I looked at the schedules of the next 2 sailings and they are still on the original itinerary, no GSC.  Looks like ours is the first. Are you looking to try Silver Cove?

Cheers

Excellent! Have you been to our roll call?

I am interested in Silver Cove, but unsure of the pricing.

I look every day and the pricing changes dramatically on the ncl website.

I'd like an ocean villa as my first choice and then a lagoon villa would be my 2nd choice.

I'd also be ok with a large cabana if the pricing gets silly.

My aunt and uncle who are sailing with me, my wife and 19yo daughter won't get off the ship at GSC unless we have a cabana/villa so I'm partially motivated by this plus I know my wife and daughter would just love a villa with ac, your own bathroom and all the other amenities.

Hopefully it opens up soon and hopefully the weather cooperates so we can actually make the stop.

17 days!

3 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Excellent! Have you been to our roll call?

I am interested in Silver Cove, but unsure of the pricing.

I look every day and the pricing changes dramatically on the ncl website.

I'd like an ocean villa as my first choice and then a lagoon villa would be my 2nd choice.

I'd also be ok with a large cabana if the pricing gets silly.

My aunt and uncle who are sailing with me, my wife and 19yo daughter won't get off the ship at GSC unless we have a cabana/villa so I'm partially motivated by this plus I know my wife and daughter would just love a villa with ac, your own bathroom and all the other amenities.

Hopefully it opens up soon and hopefully the weather cooperates so we can actually make the stop.

17 days!

I have visited the roll call, but I haven't posted anything.  I have joined before and ended up unable to make any of the events once we got onboard.  Felt bad about that.  My wife and I (52 and 53) are traveling with 2 other couples of similar ages.  We have never been to GSC before, but have been to Harvest Caye twice.  We had Luxury Villas both visits and absolutely loved it.  I didn't expect those villas to be topped, but the villas at Silver Cove look amazing!  

The cabanas look like they would be nice as well, but they seemed like they could be a bit of a challenge for my wife.  She has somewhat limited mobility.  From the videos I've seen, they look like they sit on top of a little bit of a steep incline.  REALLY hoping the Silver Cove pricing isn't over the top.  

Can't believe we are at 17 days already!  Good Luck, hopefully we can cross paths at Silver Cove!

5 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

Do you know if they rent clamshells there as well? I have been researching and can’t find an answer.

They do.  My daughter and Son in Law rented one using their Shore Excursion Credit on a visit last year.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MiDenny said:

I have visited the roll call, but I haven't posted anything.  I have joined before and ended up unable to make any of the events once we got onboard.  Felt bad about that.  My wife and I (52 and 53) are traveling with 2 other couples of similar ages.  We have never been to GSC before, but have been to Harvest Caye twice.  We had Luxury Villas both visits and absolutely loved it.  I didn't expect those villas to be topped, but the villas at Silver Cove look amazing!  

The cabanas look like they would be nice as well, but they seemed like they could be a bit of a challenge for my wife.  She has somewhat limited mobility.  From the videos I've seen, they look like they sit on top of a little bit of a steep incline.  REALLY hoping the Silver Cove pricing isn't over the top.  

Can't believe we are at 17 days already!  Good Luck, hopefully we can cross paths at Silver Cove!

My wife and I will both be 55 by the time of our sailing.

I also never seem to make the meet and greet events. With it being the first sea day at around 1pm, I'm usually on my 4th or more bloody mary and having way too much fun on the pool deck (probably deck 17) to make my way inside to the events.

3 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

My wife and I will both be 55 by the time of our sailing.

I also never seem to make the meet and greet events. With it being the first sea day at around 1pm, I'm usually on my 4th or more bloody mary and having way too much fun on the pool deck (probably deck 17) to make my way inside to the events.

I think we're interested in a large cabana. There will be 7 of us (2 families, 4 adults and 3 kids). I think the villas might be out of our price range.

22 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I am on one of the Encore sailings (1/19/20) that had GSC added to their itinerary.

Has anyone that's had this added been able to book shore excursions for that stop?

I'm 17 days until my sailing and I called the shore excursion desk this morning for the 3rd time and they still can't help me.

It just seems weird to me as it's been about 2 weeks since the change was announced officially and I'd like to book a villa or cabana and don't want to get shut out.

Does anyone know which Encore sailing is the first to sail with the new itinerary?

TIA

The excursions became available this morning.  We just snagged a 1 BR Villa at Silver Cove. 16 Days!!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, MiDenny said:

The excursions became available this morning.  We just snagged a 1 BR Villa at Silver Cove. 16 Days!!

Cheers!

Yep, I saw that when I woke up this morning. Thanks.

I just got off the phone with NCL about 30 minutes ago and booked the Large Cabana.

I've read that if you call and book, first they don't charge you until after you board and it's more efficient to get the $50 credit if you have it.

I'm not happy with the pricing though. They really jacked it up for our sailing and I'm not sharing the cost with anyone.

I was told we get priority tendering so I want to make sure we're on the first possible tender so we can maximize our day.

My aunt and uncle will be happy too as they'll have a comfortable shady spot with drink service.

I also booked the Screamin' Eagle Jetboat in St. Thomas for me and my 19yo daughter. I think she'll like it.

4 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I just got off the phone with NCL about 30 minutes ago and booked the Large Cabana.

I've read that if you call and book, first they don't charge you until after you board and it's more efficient to get the $50 credit if you have it.

I'm not happy with the pricing though. They really jacked it up for our sailing and I'm not sharing the cost with anyone.

I was told we get priority tendering so I want to make sure we're on the first possible tender so we can maximize our day.

My aunt and uncle will be happy too as they'll have a comfortable shady spot with drink service.

I also booked the Screamin' Eagle Jetboat in St. Thomas for me and my 19yo daughter. I think she'll like it.

What are they charging for the large cabana? 

6 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Yea, they did jack them up pretty good.  My mistake was selling the boss on the idea before I knew the cost.  😲 Oh well, it will be a great day.  And you're right, i'm sure your group will appreciate the cabana. 

I didn't know that they delayed billing if you call.  I suppose I don't mind having it prepaid.  I don't get the $50 credit this time anyway, but they did apply the Platinum discount, which is nice.  

I'm so checked out already, this is going to be a long 16 days.  Can't wait!

Cheers!

1 minute ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Do you still get the cabana attendant, and the $50 food credit with the large cabana? 

There's definitely a cabana attendant but I believe I read somewhere that the $50 food credit is no longer available.

3 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

There's definitely a cabana attendant but I believe I read somewhere that the $50 food credit is no longer available.

No small cabanas available? Looks like Waverunners are not available either. What a total joke by NCL.

31 minutes ago, dshefter said:

No small cabanas available? Looks like Waverunners are not available either. What a total joke by NCL.

There aren't small cabanas because they are all being renovated.

The large ones have already been done and are beautiful.

I booked a large one and I'm getting super excited for it.

And if you look at a GSC map, the large ones are in a more central location and there's a bar right in front of them. I know you get an attendant who can bring drinks but it's nice to have a bar right there for when you're on the beach in front of the cabanas.

16 days!

Just now, bkrickles1 said:

There aren't small cabanas because they are all being renovated.

The large ones have already been done and are beautiful.

I booked a large one and I'm getting super excited for it.

And if you look at a GSC map, the large ones are in a more central location and there's a bar right in front of them. I know you get an attendant who can bring drinks but it's nice to have a bar right there for when you're on the beach in front of the cabanas.

16 days!

Yep. I called NCL and they told me the Small Cabanas were being renovated. I booked a Large Cabana for the 7 of us. Works out to $200 per couple. Looking forward to it. 16 days!!!

1 minute ago, dshefter said:

Yep. I called NCL and they told me the Small Cabanas were being renovated. I booked a Large Cabana for the 7 of us. Works out to $200 per couple. Looking forward to it. 16 days!!!

Totally worth it. 

I plan on being on the first tender over to maximize my day.

And we do have priority tendering because of the cabana booking.

1 minute ago, bkrickles1 said:

Totally worth it. 

I plan on being on the first tender over to maximize my day.

And we do have priority tendering because of the cabana booking.

We have Priority tending by virtue of our purchase of Priority Boarding. But good to know.

• Like 1