Pools on the Grand Princess?

eellsinoc

We are traveling on the Grand Princess, March 4th. Does anyone know the water types for their pools? Someone told me there was at least one fresh water pool.

Also - are there any slides for the kids? And lastly - does anyone have some great pics of the pools on the Grand Princess? My kids have been asking and the Princess website doesn't have anything great. If anyone can post some I would appreciate it.

Thanks

The adults only wave pool by the spa interestingly is the most child friendly having shallow sides, the others are deeper. It is a family pool until 3:00 PM abut there is usually a pool police person who can't read the signs and will give you a good sneer, but it is still worth a check. The Main Dolphin pool has a large splash area and the most activity. For the real young, the childrens area has a nice pool as well. There was a thread a few weeks back called Almost live from the grand that had pictures of all the pools but I don't have the link. Zoegirl was the OP, I believe. All of your ports except Belieze have wonderful beach areas near the tender dock and plenty of activities so no need to book expensive excursions. Have a great cruise!!

TNTLAMB,

We are going on the Grand next week, and I am happy to know that kids are allowed in the spa pool, at least during some part of the day. Thank you for that information! I'll be bringing my kids on this cruise (obviously), and we really enjoy swimming together. I told them there are certain pools that are off limits (adults only), but it will nice for them to at least try this pool (they are very excited about the various pools on board). I imagine we'll be spending most of our swimming time in the heated Calypso pool though.

AND, for all of you CC members that despise kids on cruise ships, don't worry, I will be very sensitive to you and keep a tight leash on them. I know everyone thinks they are the best parents and have the best kids, but after reading about how many people are irritated with just seeing a kid on a ship, I'll be sure to keep them out of your way as much as possible. I'll also make sure they are NOT in the pool during the adult only hours and that they never touch the aft terrace pool.

To answer your question about the pool temps ... they are COLD! I never tried the Calypso pool (inside, with retractable roof) but I understand that one is heated ... the others are not. I also believe they are ALL fresh water on the Grand. HTH!

To answer your question about the pool temps ... they are COLD! I never tried the Calypso pool (inside, with retractable roof) but I understand that one is heated ... the others are not. I also believe they are ALL fresh water on the Grand. HTH!

I agree....the pools ARE cold. Yes, the spa pool has certain hours for kids, but the terrace pool does not. It's for adults 24/7. Never tried the heated pool either. HAVE FUN!!! Our kids were fish all week.

Archived