Suggestions for Non alcoholic Premium Beverages ??

barric

I booked a January 2020 Equinox Cruise back in November.  Among the Perks was a classic beverage package.  About that time Celebrity added  a gratuity to the beverage package, amounting to $196 total for the two of us seniors.  Celebrity has since rescinded that gratuity policy.  Today I called my TA to find out about those charges.  There will be NO REFUND.  Instead, I can be upgraded to the Premium package...no other option.  This is a bad deal, since DW does not drink alcohol.  

So, I am fishing for non alcoholic beverage suggestions for DW (or me).  Things that are uncommon, exotic or not top of mind.  Drinks otherwise not included in the classic package.  Anything to find more value in the 196 bucks.  

Thanks for any advice.

My husband likes the no alcohol premium package for the sparkling waters that are included. You can't get Evian, San Pelligrino, Perrier on the classic package. There are also a few special mocktails on the MDR menu and some of the bar menus. You can ask for any drink to be made without alcohol. 

On 1/3/2020 at 6:40 PM, barric said:

I booked a January 2020 Equinox Cruise back in November.  Among the Perks was a classic beverage package.  About that time Celebrity added  a gratuity to the beverage package, amounting to $196 total for the two of us seniors.  Celebrity has since rescinded that gratuity policy.  Today I called my TA to find out about those charges.  There will be NO REFUND.  Instead, I can be upgraded to the Premium package...no other option.  This is a bad deal, since DW does not drink alcohol.  

So, I am fishing for non alcoholic beverage suggestions for DW (or me).  Things that are uncommon, exotic or not top of mind.  Drinks otherwise not included in the classic package.  Anything to find more value in the 196 bucks.  

Thanks for any advice.

We had Premium drink package  last year and we tried all kinds of drinks.  For me, I tried the energy drink Red Bull and threw it out after a sip, tried a smoothie and threw it out after a sip, etc.  I am a picky drinker and like craft beers, good wines and top shelf liquor, so....... with opportunity to try stuff I would not try otherwise either on ship or off ship at home.

My advise is if Celebrity is not refunding, but only upgrading, get the Premium packing list and enjoy a taste test.  You may find some drinks you like.

On the refund aspect, it is pretty crappy of Celebrity to extract a crap fee then keep it after canceling the fee, not the sign of a great company, in this instance!

I find Celebrity, since that is who we sail the most with, does what I call the bulimic gambit.  They stuff fees/added costs down their customers throat till enough is enough and the feedback is loud and clear at which time they back off for a little while.  Remember the paid burgers at the pool grill a few years ago?! Celebrity is looking at bottom line, NOT what is the right thing to do.