Are you allowed to place a 12 year old with teen friends in Entourage on the Getaway?

vinotinto

3 hours ago, bethann2103 said:

Our carnival ship last year did not do a great job of dividing ages and my daughter then 12 had some very weird interactions with a boy much older than her that made her very uncomfortable.  

Yes, this is exactly the type of thing the policy is trying to prevent I'm sure.  On one of our cruises we had a daughter who had just turned 18 and wanted to stay with her 17 year old sister (they are best friends as well as sisters) and their 16 year old brother.  The 18 year old is shy and quiet, while the other two are outgoing so she likes to stick with them in social situations.  No dice but I do completely understand the reasons behind the policy.  I'm sure nobody wants their 12 year old daughter getting involved with 17 year old boys.

• 4 years later...

Not sure why they think age 13, especially for a girl who is alone, is appropriate to meet and hang out with 17 year olds let alone 15 and 16. There should be separate groups for middle school and high school for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Dougdouggin said:

Not sure why they think age 13, especially for a girl who is alone, is appropriate to meet and hang out with 17 year olds let alone 15 and 16. There should be separate groups for middle school and high school for sure. 

I’ve had all of my kids in the teen club, they do naturally divide into different groups. It really is more of a meet up area, especially for older kids, than a place they spend a lot of time. My daughters who were 14 and 16 on their last cruise hung out with different groups, in spite of being bff’s, who shared a room and everything else at home, danced 10 hours a week and ran HS track together. 14 year olds are in HS.