Homelands Excursions?

john005

11 hours ago, drbayside said:

We are booked on the May 30, 2020 Viking Homeland Cruise (Viking Sun) Thank you everyone for all these fantastic and detailed recommendations.

Any input, suggestions, criticisms, observations for the following are welcome

👇👇👇.

St Petersburg: We are going to book with TJ Tours a two day Comprehensive St Petersburg Private Tour with another couple. It doesn't include the Faberge Museum but we plan on adding it since they will customize private tours.  Any suggestions on what to trim time off of or what not to do on the Private Tour? We will let them know the recommendations came from philw1776 and others on their site.

Copenhagen: We are also thinking about a private tour company any suggestions? 

Bergen: DH and I are going to take the Mt. Floien railway ourselves (but not walk down the 2 1/2 miles 😂 like philw1776) then meet our friends for lunch somewhere (they had already been to Bergen on and did the viking tour - they too said they wish they had done it on their own.

Gdansk: we are thinking of booking Malbork Castle, our friends are going to book Stutthof Concentration Camp. Any thoughts on those or other options?

For Copenhagen. Consider  one of the “free” walking tours (you are expected to tip your guide at the end, no charge up front)...Google “Free Copenhagen Walking Tours”. Buses can’t navigate the narrow roads around the important sights and you miss a lot of the charm of the city from a coach. 

• Like 1

Great idea, janetcbl, thanks for the suggestion about googling "Free Copenhagen Walking Tours". in Copenhagen. I'm going to check that out. My girlfriend is coming over in a couple of hours we are going to go over our "wish list" so far a firm it up a bit more.  I'm sure I'll have many more questions about the Homeland cruise and tours after we meet.