Anyone have feedback on room service for breakfast??

Suburban Drudgery

It's fine for continental, but you could maybe go stand in line at the Lido Deck buffet and bring the better food back to your balcony. We have done that a few times. I have found that I really enjoy the dining room for breakfast, too.

All you have to do is fill out a card and place it on your door knob.... continental breakfast only can be delivered the next morning.

Just juices, coffee, pastires, bagels and cereal.

If you want a hot breakfast you have to go up on deck or in the dining room.

I thought it was a great start for my tea!

Catrin

I love sitting on my balcony eating breakfast and planning my day. If you want something light use the door hanger. Just put it out the night before and they will deliver it at the time you specify (+-15 minutes).Throw on your robe to answer the door and you won't even have to get dressed.

If you need a hot and hearty breakfast run up to the buffet, load up a tray and bring it back to your room. I'd suggest getting dressed for this, but I have seen people at the breakfast buffet in their pjs and robe:eek:

That reminds me, where the heck is my room service this morning :eek: !!!

Having breakfast on the balcony is one of my favorite things on vacation.

If you do hang your card on the door the night before leave out a few dollars before you go to bed so your not scrambling for them as your trying to throw your robe on. You could call as soon as you wake up, they are really quick.

When ordering order two of everything because the portions are small & you don't want to have to slap your dh's hand for eating off your plate!

This is what I ordered every morning:

Coffee

Juice

Carton of milk, ( for cereal, don't assume they'll bring it)

Fruit plate

Banana

Yogurt

Cereal

Croissant

Cream, sugar, & butter

If you feel like having something a little warm try ordering a BLT, (hold the L&T).

OK, now I'm starving :D !

Yup. LOVE that morning room service and coffee on the balcony!

The breakfast is continental but you can still order anything off the rest of the menu if you call. I got a sandwich the morning of our early excursion and that way I was able to add some protein to the meal. They were much quicker than they said they would be every time. I keep a stack of dollar bills handy in the safe and pull out a couple when I make the call.

As a side note....we also enjoyed the shushi in our cabin for sunset....went up to Lido Deck and grabbed a tray, brought it down to the shushi area, filled up and brought it to our balcony where we enjoyed sushi and a sunset in our robes on the balcony before a pre-dinner nap....ahhhhhhhh

On sea days, we would order a light breakfast (sliced fruit & bagels w/ cream cheese) from room service. We would have it delivered before day break ( 5 - 5:30 a.m.) and have coffee and our breakfast on the balcony. The sun rising over the ocean is a beautiful site. If we found that we ate too early and were hungry later, we'd go to the dining room or the buffet for a hot meal around 9 a.m.. To my taste, the room service coffee is better than the buffet coffee. Or, it could have been that the coffee from room service just tasted better because of the setting in which we drank it.

All you have to do is fill out a card and place it on your door knob....

Just make sure they get the card the night before. We never received our breakfast on a port day (and we waited and waited). I had four kids waiting til the last minute and we didn't get a chance to eat breakfast before we had to tender off. The likely explanation was that a bunch of kids had taken the cards off the doorknobs (same situation with our neighbors on either side). You should probably call room service the night before to make sure they get your order.

Have a great cruise!

We usually cruise at Easter break when the ships are full of kids and the missing door cards happens quite a bit (annoying yes but harmless fun), I'll try and remember to call and ask if they recieved mine before turning in from now on!!! That's easier than trying to get MY family up before breakfast is over!!!

I don't take a chance of somebody taking my card off the door, so I just call room service the minute I wake up, and my order is there almost before I get my robe on. I don't know how they do it so fast! I usually get a carafe of coffee and croissants or Danish. Then after I get dressed, I go to the dining room for a real breakfast of Eggs Benedict or something equally tasty. The dining room is open from 8-10am.:)

We did room service breakfast several times on the Valor last December. I am a fan of bagels and lox.....and they give you a large portion, along with tomatoes, onions and capers. Coffee, juice or fruit, some yogurt.....good to go! (Even if only one person has ordered coffee, they still bring a full carafe.) We always put the card out the night before, never had it swiped (and it was a full ship during Christmas break). Technically, I think you can put the card out as late (or early, depending on how you look at it) as 5 or 5:30 AM.

Nothing like breakfast on the balcony......wish I was still there!

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Is there anyway to get a hot breakfast of eggs and bacon? Say, a person is disabled and cannot get to the dining room or Lido very fast and really needs to eat before starting the day. Can you call room service and make a request or write it in on the door card?

Is there anyway to get a hot breakfast of eggs and bacon? Say, a person is disabled and cannot get to the dining room or Lido very fast and really needs to eat before starting the day. Can you call room service and make a request or write it in on the door card?

No, hopefully this person can get by on the pastries, fruit, etc that is offered by room service ;) No eggs and bacon on the room service menu. Perhaps this person can talk a friend or family member into going to the lido deck and fixing them a plate and brining it back??

Nope not even if booked into a suite.

We had just about the same items, with 2 carafes of coffee, every morning on the Miracle. What a great way to ease into your day! ;)

This is what I ordered every morning:

Coffee

Juice

Carton of milk, ( for cereal, don't assume they'll bring it)

Fruit plate

Banana

Yogurt

Cereal

Croissant

Cream, sugar, & butter

Is it appropriate to tip the room service attendant? Do they expect it? What's a fair amount? $2?

yes you should... and just like anyone that delivers room service, I think they expect it. Depends on what you are ordering. $2 should do for a standard order... if you are ordering a lot, you might want to tip $3?

I hope RCCL continues to offer the hot breakfast.

That was not our experience last year on Sovereign of the Seas. We still enjoyed the continental breakfast options on our balcony but a hot breakfast would have been sweet!

Is it appropriate to tip the room service attendant? Do they expect it? What's a fair amount? $2?

I'm a solo cruiser. I tip $1 for only coffee & Danish. I tip $2 if I order a sandwich, dessert, etc.

Since the cabin steward gets only $3.50 for a full days work for me, my logic is that I can't justify tipping the room service person over $2 for bringing one tray.:rolleyes:

That was not our experience last year on Sovereign of the Seas. We still enjoyed the continental breakfast options on our balcony but a hot breakfast would have been sweet!
Summer before last on the Mariner. We had a suite, so maybe that was the difference or all the ships are discontinuing the hot breakfast. very sad! :(

Archived