Anyone have feedback on room service for breakfast??

Suburban Drudgery

I hope RCCL continues to offer the hot breakfast.

Royal caribbean does have room service for selected hot items off the dining room menu- for breakfast/lunch and dinner. You wont find lobster on the room service for dinner.. remember its only selected few items that are available.

Summer before last on the Mariner. We had a suite, so maybe that was the difference or all the ships are discontinuing the hot breakfast. very sad! :(

It does not matter what type of accommodations that you have on RCI. They have the hot breakfast items for anyone that chooses to order them.

Royal caribbean does have room service for selected hot items off the dining room menu- for breakfast/lunch and dinner. You wont find lobster on the room service for dinner.. remember its only selected few items that are available.

Serene,

Royal Caribbean will do the lobster for room service. My son did it. They allow you to order anything off the dining room menues as long as the delivery is in the time frame that the main dinig rooms are open. It might not be on the room service delivery menu, you have to write it in.

Now that said, how does Carnival work this? Has anyone tried writing something in for delivery during Dining room hours?

Serene,

Royal Caribbean will do the lobster for room service. My son did it. They allow you to order anything off the dining room menues as long as the delivery is in the time frame that the main dinig rooms are open. It might not be on the room service delivery menu, you have to write it in.

Now that said, how does Carnival work this? Has anyone tried writing something in for delivery during Dining room hours?

Can't do it... many have tried however. I did hear of a guy on these boards that tipped a guy almost $100 to go get lobster for them... so I guess for a price... but the lobster on the ship is not worth it to me, LOL. The RS menu has some good items on it, just more sandwich/wrap/salad type things.

Serene,Royal Caribbean will do the lobster for room service. My son did it. They allow you to order anything off the dining room menues as long as the delivery is in the time frame that the main dinig rooms are open. It might not be on the room service delivery menu, you have to write it in. ?

We were told no-- only selected few items. the reason lobster was not offered is because of the shells...people tend NOT to leave shells on their plates which would cause a big stink--.

Even the booklet that was on the desk/vanity had the items that can be ordered only.

Carnival is nothing like that for room service.. what you see on their menu-- can be ordered by numbers. what you see is what you can get.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/114573297/1114576414044264514PfSdSF

scroll down and click on VIEW FULL SIZE

Serene and Cruisin,

Thanks for the info. Is this gonna stop me from trying Carnival....heck no. Would either of you have a copy of the room service menu stashed somewhere. I have already seen the dinner, lunch and breakfast menues and have each meal planned out. I can cut my wifes last question about this line if I can quarantee her that she can have her Lox, bagel and cream cheese delivered to the room LOL

GAry-- I did post the menu above your post. I dont see Lox-- BUt if you got your heart set on this cruise you can always go to the buffet and make your honey up a tray and deliver her breakfast in bed every morning.

GAry-- I did post the menu above your post. I dont see Lox-- BUt if you got your heart set on this cruise you can always go to the buffet and make your honey up a tray and deliver her breakfast in bed every morning.

Seek and yee shall find. I knew you just had to have it somewhere. I didnt catch that the link was the menu. Thanks

Is it appropriate to tip the room service attendant? Do they expect it? What's a fair amount? $2?

Yes. Tipping the room service person should be done whether they expect it or not. I read somewhere that a $1.00 per tray is appropriate. I think if you have one tray but it is loaded down with food, $2.00 would be appropriate. Those are huge trays.

So, you can order room service 24 hours a day, yes? Does the room service menu (on Carnival) vary at all based on time of day (or night?) And what is the largest order you could conceivably get through room service?

Undrhil

If you need a hot and hearty breakfast run up to the buffet, load up a tray and bring it back to your room.

Which ships have trays? Our Celebration cruise last month did not have trays, and it was a pain--I found we never ate outside because of the hassle of juggling drinks, fruit bowls, yogurt, etc.

I've seriously thought about bringing my own tray if we ever do that again--and I assumed the "no tray" thing was Carnival-wide.

I've only had buffet food a coupla times on cruises, but I've walked through the area many times....and have always seen a 'bin' next to the plates - stacked high with trays. And I've also seen folks sitting at the tables with trays.

So, you can order room service 24 hours a day, yes? Does the room service menu (on Carnival) vary at all based on time of day (or night?) And what is the largest order you could conceivably get through room service?

Undrhil

Yes, room service is available 24 hr/day. The menu is always the same - always. You can order any item on the menu any time. You can even have b'fast at 2 in the aftn, or a sandwich for b'fast, if you'd like. They don't care.

Largest order? I would imagine you could order one of everything on the menu, and they wouldn't question it. No reason to be that greedy, though.:D

Which ships have trays? Our Celebration cruise last month did not have trays, and it was a pain--I found we never ate outside because of the hassle of juggling drinks, fruit bowls, yogurt, etc.

I've seriously thought about bringing my own tray if we ever do that again--and I assumed the "no tray" thing was Carnival-wide.

If your ship has no trays-- order room service and keep the tray.

Have a balcony room and would like to eat on there. Thanks.:)

HI! I ALSO DREAMED OF DOING THIS. WE HAD A BALCONY ON LEGEND. YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR ORDER IN THE NIGHT BEFORE (USE CARD PROVIDED IN YOUR CABIN) GIVING TIME YOU WISH TO HAVE IT DELIVERED. IT IS CONTINENTAL. I ENJOYED THAT BECAUSE USUALLY MY HUBBY (NOT A COFFEE DRINKER) PREFERS TO SLEEP A LITTLE LATER THAN ME. THEY ARE VERY RESPECTFUL AND QUIET WHEN THEY COME INTO THE CABIN AND WILL JUST SIT YOUR TRAY ON THE LITTLE TABLE. I WOULD THEN TIP-TOE TO MY BALCONY CHAIR AND ENJOY MY COFFEE AND DANISH, GRAPEFRUIT ETC. OUT THERE TILL HUBBY WAS READY TO GO THE THE BUFFET.

MEL;)

Archived