Is Liberty Improving

Noam

I know I read a thread about this a while back... Just want to ask a few more Liberty related questions.

I've read reviews and heard so many mixed things about the ship. I heard it is new, and thus is beautiful and spacious, but I also hear that the staff is inexperianced. Is this true? if so, anyone been on the ship lately and noticed anything otherwise? I booked another group for January 2007 and am just hoping they work out all the bugs by then (if there are any).

Also, how old is the ship, I keep hearing its "new" but what is considered a new ship? 2 years? 6 months??

I was on the first Med. cruise on Liberty in July, 2005. The cruise director (John Heald) told us point blank that the crew was hand picked for those sailings - they had to meet lots of criteria including they had to be experienced and friendly. Now maybe once the repositioning back to the Caribbean took place and crews have changed out things have changed but, my experience was excellent on Carnival Liberty. For me it's tops in the Carnival fleet.

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I were on the Aug.1 Med cruise and it was wonderful. Beautiful ship, attentive crew and marvelous ports. Food was great too.

Sheryl

As is often the case, the thing that becomes memorable to us are the ranting and raving by those who are unhappy because the steward wouldn't buff Great Aunt Bertha's corns on the last cruise they took. :).

Seriously, most of the comment that hit the board are negative because happy people don't go running back to tell others what a good time they had, while the unhappy people do. That is true throughout all of life.

The Liberty is a fine ship with a fine crew and you will have a fine cruise if that is what you want to have. If you pick nits you will be one of those who comes back and posts about the hair (theirs) that is all over the dresser and just doesn't seem to get cleaned up immediately, and how they just couldn't enjoy anything after that.

Case in point....a review on the Miracle about a golfer that couldn't golf at all the ports of call, even though he thought he was planning a golf cruise. Things happened that were out of their control and they blamed the ship. While another review of the exact same week indicated that the folks writing this review had a blast. Go figure. Same ship, two very different pictures.

Mark T

We were on the Liberty 9/30/05 Med cruise. WONDERFUL!! :)

Even though our cabin assignments were a disappointment (2 handicapped cabins). We were assisted in being reassigned on day 2 by a very helpful young woman at the Purser's Desk. The wait staff was great, the bar servers also great, there were always fresh towels in our cabin and it was always clean.

The food was very good, especially in Harry's Supper Club, where the service was superb.

Not quite sure what some people expect in the way of service and food - but so far as we are concerned there was nothing to complain about here!

Can't wait to board again on 4/1/06 :D

Archived