Price went down- What do I do?????

ChicagoMan

Hey all,

I'm new to the cruising world, so I figured I could get some answers from all of you. I just priced out my cruise (Glory, 2/25/06) on one of the web sites, and it came out over a hundred bucks cheaper. I've already paid in full through Carnival. Will they give me an onboard credit or refund? What number do I call to do this? It would be nice to let that $100 go straight to the bar!

By the way, my girlfriend found cc.com, and we've learned a TON! Thanks for all the advice.

-Chicago

Chicago, did you book through a TA or Carnival? If the Carnival advertised price has gone down, you can try for an onboard credit or upgrade. But at this date, it might be a special price for new bookings only. You will need to talk to your TA and compare the fine print exclusions.

What is the price on Carnival's website. That's the one that matters. Some other website prices don't include special fees/are only offers for some people. If Carnival's price is lower, tell your TA what you're telling us. Hopefully, they'll get a refund/cabin credit for you

Chicago - Since you said in your post that you booked through Carnival directly, I would suggest you call your PVP and tell her/him about the lesser price you found. The PVP may offer a shipboard credit - or may not. Can't hurt to call and find out.:)

Chicago - Since you said in your post that you booked through Carnival directly, I would suggest you call your PVP and tell her/him about the lesser price you found. The PVP may offer a shipboard credit - or may not. Can't hurt to call and find out.:)

Or they might offer you a free upgrade. That's what they did for us when the price for our Pride cruise 3 years ago went down about a month before sailing. I should mention that I booked thru a TA so he contacted Carnival. He claimed that he had to fight for the upgrade but I don't know if that's true or if that was the excuse he gave me when it took him about a week and a half to get back to me on the issue.

Thanks all. I actually called them last night, and they agreed to give me an on-board credit. It came out that I saved $140 on the cabin, and he hinted that I still may get an upgrade (from inside to something else). So basically we got our tips paid for!

I'm sorry, still relatively new to this too, what does PVP stand for?:confused: I also booked my cruise through carnival directly, and I'd like to know who to call if by chance the price drops.

Thanks

JB - When you booked your cruise through Carnival, did you get your PVPs name? If not, call back, give whoever you get on the phone your booking number, and they can tell you the name and ext. number to call. That way, if you have any questions prior to the cruise, you can call her/his ext. number.

Archived