Is a RC cruise good for children??

One of my grands started cruising at 6 months and to this day is hooked!!! He is 10 now. My other grands LOVE the Oasis Class ships for activities. They too have been cruising for years with the eldest now being 23.  The shows have been something they all looked forward to after dinner and have really enjoyed each one. They ask me prior to cruising, "what show will we see this time?" The kids clubs, tween clubs and teen clubs have something for everyone. The 18 and uppers enjoy the Night Life while us Oldsters (he he he) enjoy a more quiet walk through Central Park with a night cap. You can't go wrong with a FAMILY CRUISE with Royal. 🥰  

17 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

We’ve done Disney and RCL and my boys (13,8) prefer RCL by a huge margin. They said it’s a lot more activities and fewer kids on the ship (September/December sailings). They prefer Oasis class, but the Mariner has enough stuff to keep them busy for 4 days. We’ve got 2 more trips planned for this year!  Coco Cay is amazing and we had to drag them back to the ship at the end of the day.  In some ports they opted to stay on the ship and enjoy the activities there over going in an excursion. 

In fact, they both said they prefer the cruise over going to Disney too!  

I hadn't even thought about that with Disney (which we haven't cruised, because for the price of a 5-night Disney cruise, we've gotten Disney annual passes PLUS a Royal Caribbean cruise in the same year) -- but my kids are both introverted and don't like big groups of noisy kids and probably wouldn't like that on a Disney cruise. They never even cared for Adventure Ocean on RC. They enjoy the swimming, the shows, and my son's favorite thing about cruising is dinner in the main dining room. Not every kid needs or wants "all the kid activities" on any ship. 

5 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

I hadn't even thought about that with Disney (which we haven't cruised, because for the price of a 5-night Disney cruise, we've gotten Disney annual passes PLUS a Royal Caribbean cruise in the same year) -- but my kids are both introverted and don't like big groups of noisy kids and probably wouldn't like that on a Disney cruise. They never even cared for Adventure Ocean on RC. They enjoy the swimming, the shows, and my son's favorite thing about cruising is dinner in the main dining room. Not every kid needs or wants "all the kid activities" on any ship. 

Our kids are no 14 and 10 and have been on 4 Royal cruises and love them.  Our next one is in March (Anthem) and the August (4 night Mariner).  They have never been to the kids club and just enjoy all the activities - water slides, Laser Tag, Sky Pad, zip line, rock wall, dry slide, and just swimming, exploring, foozball, and exploring the ship.  Never a bored moment.  Plus they love the meals and the shows (so mine love the MDR as well).  I've heard Royal clubs are good but couldn't say.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:39 PM, maksmom109 said:

Looking for opinions on whether or not a RC cruise is good for children ages 7 and 12.  Me husband and I cruised RC a few times before we had children and it was great!!  Considering a RC cruise with my children.  I appreciate any feedback! 

Thanks!

We have sailed with our children on Royal enough the older two are Diamond Plus.  In general cruising on Royal has been great for the kids on the larger ships.  We did several smaller ships in Europe and on the Sea days the kids were pretty bored.  The Adventure Ocean people have by and large been fantastic on all ships.  Dining has been very accommodating to kid foods.  I would enthusiastically endorse Royal for kids in that age range (same age range as my children).  We stopped sailing on Royal because we felt they weren't doing enough for the money we were spending.