Pre-cruise dining reservations

mduffy1834

Will be on my second NCL cruise (1st on was on Majesty - 4 days).  We will be on the Epic TA and can't wait for this adventure.  We got the 3 day specialty dining.  I managed to make some reservations on-line.  Will NCL know that I am using my specialty dining package or do I need to tell them when we get there?  Also, wanted to get a reservation at Cagney's, but nothing was available before 9pm (wait too late for my old body).  Will I have any luck once on board?

Any other suggestions for making this cruise run smoothly would be greatly appreciated.  Anything not to be missed?  Anything to avoid?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I tried to search and came up with a lot of nothing.

Thanks

When you dine they will ask if you are using dining package or not, so just tell them then.  Also you should be able to get reservation onboard but I recommend to make the reservation right when you get onboard.  They do hold back a certain percentage of reservations for onboard booking.

Thanks for the info.  I tried to make reservations at Cagneys, but they only offered a table for 1 at the time/date I wanted.  So, I booked it.  Will I be able to change it to a table for 2 once on board?  If not, looks like hubby will be dining in the main dining room alone...lol

I suspect there will be a good selection of times available at the specialty restaurants when you board.  Your TA is two weeks in length, and relatively few passengers buy specialty dining for nine or ten nights or longer.  Thus, there will be nights when relatively few passengers wish to use their specialty dining credits.