Anyone ever rent the private cabana at Half Moon Cay?

lissajeff24

Some friends of mine have rented the HMC private oasis through carnival, for our upcoming cruise,  because they fancy themselves to be ballers and I’m just wondering how close the cabanas are to the public beach area.  You know, the one full of peasants like me, my roommate and two others from our giant group 😄 

None of us have been to HMC before so we don’t know the lay of the land.  So, theoretically, could the group of royals and the 4 peasants NOT hanging at the oasis somehow “meet in the middle” and by middle, I mean the water and still all hang out together?  Or, are we banished from getting anywhere near the oasis? 😂   

Thanks in advance!! 

9 minutes ago, lissajeff24 said:

Some friends of mine have rented the HMC private oasis through carnival, for our upcoming cruise,  because they fancy themselves to be ballers and I’m just wondering how close the cabanas are to the public beach area.  You know, the one full of peasants like me, my roommate and two others from our giant group 😄 

None of us have been to HMC before so we don’t know the lay of the land.  So, theoretically, could the group of royals and the 4 peasants NOT hanging at the oasis somehow “meet in the middle” and by middle, I mean the water and still all hang out together?  Or, are we banished from getting anywhere near the oasis? 😂   

Thanks in advance!! 

Holy cow. Why would you want to? If they one upmanshipped you, and didn't invite you, sounds like to me they were sending a message. Why don't you 'peasants' have your own 'exclusive' party? Sorry, I'm just an outsider looking in. 

Hahaa...it’s not really like that, they just tend to do stuff like that.  For me, I’m fine with not participating because it would cost additional $$$ for a beach I can go to for free.  I’m cheap like that, lol.  Plus, we have more than 12 people in our group, so not all of us could go anyway.  

it’s fine either way.  I mean, I’ll be at the beach regardless, so I’m good 😎

• Like 1

Pretty much banished. Not close. I would imagine you could all meet up in the water but the Private Oasis is set off by itself. Whenever others came near or tried to enter, the staff would run them off.

it really is worth the money if your friends are trying to get others involved. More than12 can join, it’s just the base price is for 12. Each person past 12 just pays a little more.

That price includes drinks, foods, etc.

Edited by klfrodo

5 minutes ago, lissajeff24 said:

Hahaa...it’s not really like that, they just tend to do stuff like that.  For me, I’m fine with not participating because it would cost additional $$$ for a beach I can go to for free.  I’m cheap like that, lol.  Plus, we have more than 12 people in our group, so not all of us could go anyway.  

it’s fine either way.  I mean, I’ll be at the beach regardless, so I’m good 😎

Seems to me, you have a win-win situation. 1.) You save money for not trying to keep up with the Jones's; 2.) You all will have a great party on a beautiful beach without them! 👍

• Like 1