Question for recent Carnival Pride cruisers

michelle028

Hi Everyone,

Those who went on the Pride to Freeport ...was this offered on your cruise? I just read this on one of the reviews on another Carnival Ship that went to Freeport so just wanted to know if they  do this tour on the Pride too. 

See below!

"We took the Beach at Leisure tour for just $19.99 each. Included bus to and from the beach, chair, umbrella and Taino beach access. It was a nice beach with some small waves. Access to rent water toys, etc. there was a bar/restaurant with bathrooms. Same location as the VIP Beach Day without drinks and food included. Beach stay was only 2 hours, but that was plenty to enjoy."

P.S

If anyone has been to Freeport recently any tips would be appreciated. I want a nice beach day 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

We went on a Carnival excursion in Freeport (from the Pride) that ended up at a Beach club about 20 minutes from the pier.  There were at least 3 buses of Carnival passengers at the beach club.  We were only there for about 45 minutes (this was expected, the tour was primarily a glass bottom boat ride + nature center).  From listening to other passengers there, some had lunch included, and others did not, so this MIGHT be the same beach club. I really don't know what it's name was. It was August 2017.

Anyway, the beach was nothing special.  People said lunch was ok, nothing special.  Sand was not that smooth.  It wasn't bad, but we had just come from Half Moon Cay, so no one was impressed by this beach.

If we were to go to a beach in Freeport again, it would be at Lucayan national park.  That beach is amazing.  No amenities though (no bathrooms either).  We went there for a bit after a kayak and nature walk tour.

I just came back from the Pride and did the open bar version of this.  It's about a 20-30 minute ride to the beach, they do a little orientation when you get off the bus, then you pick your chair and they'll set up an umbrella.  I was on the first bus from Carnival so got a little more time on the beach.  It's a nice way to spend a couple of hours.  There were several different groups on the bus as identified by the wristbands.  I assume the one you are looking for were those with the "Access Only" bands. Not sure how much they paid.