Sensation balcony rooms

HarleyGirl

I know the best way to find this out is to call Carnival AGAIN but I've called them with questions at least 20 times in the past two weeks, so I'm hoping somebody here can just give me a general idea. I am about to book my first cruise--about nine months away (November)--and was wondering if anyone could tell me approximately how much more it costs on the Sensation to get a balcony room versus a window room. From what I can figure out online, it seems to be about 300.00 more. Is that what you guys have found also? Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for answering my question, but doesn't the suite have a little balcony you walk out on? Also, I've been reading a lot about free upgrades, but how do they happen? When I call Carnival to book it, do I get a lesser room and tell them I would like to be upgraded if at all possible, then if someone cancels or something I can get ugpraded? I was just curious as to how they "pick" who gets upgraded--does it go by order in which the cruise was booked--since I am booking so far in advance, would I have a better chance? Sorry for all the questions. Never done this before and want to get the best I can for my money.

The suites on Sensation do have a balcony. Careful though, some are obstructed views with a lifeboat. To get an upgrade is by booking a guarantee. You book a guarantee, usually at a lower price, and have a CHANCE at being upgraded. Sometimes it is from one floor to a higher floor, other times it is from inside to outside. The Sensation was our 1st cruise. She is a little older, but looked great when we went on her 2 years ago. Why don't you call Carnival and get a PVP and have a list of ???? ready. You do not have to book the 1st time you call. Good luck.

There are a limited amount of balcony rooms on the Sensation. So the chance to being upgraded to one is slim. The thing about a GTY is to book the lowest category cabin that YOU will be satisfied with. If you book an inside expecting an oceanview, you more than likely will be disappointed. I have been upgraded on three of my four cruises. On my last cruise there was no upgrade.

For more balconies, look at a larger/newer ship.

Dave

One more thing to keep in mind about the Sensation balconies is that the Cat.11 balconies toward the front of the ship have a stairway that runs up beside them. Appearantly you can just look right into the room. I've read reviews where people were very disappointed with the lack of privacy that entailed. Just something to keep in mind if you have a choice of several rooms. As well, I would not risk a GTY. room if you are really wanting a balcony. I doubt it would happen.

We were on a sister ship (Inspiration) and had one of the suites. If you look on a deck map our cabin number was V14. Our view was not obstructed and we were far enough back from the stairs that people going up and down couldn't just look in on us.

The only down side of having this cabin was - since the deck is so high up and forward on the ship, if you have rough weather it rocks and vibrates pretty bad according to my DH. Personally, I loved it.

Archived