Pre-purchase Drink, dining, excursions packages ?

We pre purchased most of our packages/shore excursions for a cruise in june of this year and was wondering if anyone has experienced price decreases after they purchased?  I keep checking the prices and of course no budge on anything so rather than waste my time checking every week, just wondering is anyone has experienced price decreases after purchase.  Its not just one package either, we purchased about $3k of drink, dining, key, shore excursions, etc packages. 

thanks

13 minutes ago, 20165 said:

....  Its not just one package either, we purchased about $3k of drink, dining, key, shore excursions, etc packages. 

thanks

All of these can vary in price.  If you see one of your purchased items with a lower price, you must cancel and reorder to get the lower price.

27 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Yes. We don't buy excursions through the ship and we aren't interested in the Key, so I don't know about that but we did have drink packages at a lower price after purchase last cruise. 

Interesting because when i look at the packages now, the ones i purchased say my purchase price that thats it.  for example, when i look at my drink package, it just says you paid XX and thats it so not sure how it would change from that.

26 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Interesting because when i look at the packages now, the ones i purchased say my purchase price that thats it.  for example, when i look at my drink package, it just says you paid XX and thats it so not sure how it would change from that.

I don't remember it going to what I purchased it at in the cruise planner last cruise (which was April 2019, so almost a year ago).  It is possible something has changed between now and our last cruise. I do know the refreshment package went down $4 pp/pd, and the deluxe package went down $2 pp/pd. Which wasn't huge, but some savings is better than none. It did take about 10 days to get the refund from royal for the 1st packages purchased  which wasn't a huge deal for us but could be a problem for some, We wont likely be purchasing any packages for our next cruise since we just wouldn't get enough out of it. 

That being said, the cruise groups I was in had someone posting the prices of the more popular packages (dining and drink packages) pretty much every day, especially for price drops so that would be another way to keep an eye on it. 

I’ve canceled my internet package 2x already because of the price change.   Best I’ve seen so far is 11.99 for a single device.    
so just keep watching. And cancel and repurchase.   

Prices for excursions and drink packages change almost daily on RCL.  Some other cruise lines almost never change prices.

I have cancelled and rebooked some excursions due to price drops.

Unfortunately you will have to check frequently to get the best price.

Thanks for the responses.  I think part of it is we got such good deals given we bough everything on black friday so i dont expect much movement.  Just a big number to swallow...  However, im sure its a lot lower than would i would spend on the ship for the same items.

thanks again.

On a daily basis look in your Cruise Planner, Order History link.  This will show all your purchases and the details link will show the price for each (although only shows total price, not daily price for internet and drink packages).  Click on the item itself and it will show the current price.  If the current price is less than you paid, cancel and rebuy the item.  As others have said it takes a few days for the credit to show back in your credit card and often if two people were on the purchase the credit will be split into several credits.