Help to successfully rebook please

aprilF

On 1/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, lifeasme123 said:

Agree!  I really enjoyed our cruise and it's a shame there are so much negative reviews about that ship.

Tagging you to thank you again for your help. 

For those wondering how it worked out...Today was the magical day that I was going to try to do this task.  I dug out my paperwork from on board to see that it does in fact state to contact Expedia with issues.  I also plugged my number into Expedia which did nothing.  So I plugged my number into MSC and it showed the correct booking.  Confident that I was booked twice I called Expedia about canceling the first cruise.  That went fine and then I gave my second booking number to confirm that the booking was with Expedia and that I would need to call them back when my first room was released.  And she couldnt find it.  She asked again about how this booking came to be and I told her and I reiterated that the paperwork I got from MSC lists Expedia as the cruise contact agency.  So she went through MSC's site to double check there was something booked, confirmed there was and then put me on hold so that she could call MSC.  About 10 minutes later she came back to let me know that she figured it out on her own and that she needed to import the booking to Expedia.  After she was able to do that with MSC I got the usual flood of emails.  Since the room hadnt yet opened up I bid her good day.

About two hours later I rechecked and the room was available so I called Expedia back.  This time the hold was closer to an hour but I believe we have accomplished the task and I am not booked in our preferred room at the lower price. 

I did take a picture showing my OBC that was due from MSC's site before I started this whole process.  I am hoping that I dont have issues with that though.

14 minutes ago, aprilF said:

Tagging you to thank you again for your help. 

For those wondering how it worked out...Today was the magical day that I was going to try to do this task.  I dug out my paperwork from on board to see that it does in fact state to contact Expedia with issues.  I also plugged my number into Expedia which did nothing.  So I plugged my number into MSC and it showed the correct booking.  Confident that I was booked twice I called Expedia about canceling the first cruise.  That went fine and then I gave my second booking number to confirm that the booking was with Expedia and that I would need to call them back when my first room was released.  And she couldnt find it.  She asked again about how this booking came to be and I told her and I reiterated that the paperwork I got from MSC lists Expedia as the cruise contact agency.  So she went through MSC's site to double check there was something booked, confirmed there was and then put me on hold so that she could call MSC.  About 10 minutes later she came back to let me know that she figured it out on her own and that she needed to import the booking to Expedia.  After she was able to do that with MSC I got the usual flood of emails.  Since the room hadnt yet opened up I bid her good day.

About two hours later I rechecked and the room was available so I called Expedia back.  This time the hold was closer to an hour but I believe we have accomplished the task and I am not booked in our preferred room at the lower price. 

I did take a picture showing my OBC that was due from MSC's site before I started this whole process.  I am hoping that I dont have issues with that though.

Glad it worked out!  

Did you  go back to your Expedia account to confirm the booking: room, price?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifeasme123 said:

Glad it worked out!  

Did you  go back to your Expedia account to confirm the booking: room, price?

The invoice Expedia sent reflects the correct price.  The cruise is not showing up in my Trips folder, nor is it coming up when I use the invoice or booking number.  However on MSC's website the better room is now with the cheaper confirmation number and the more expensive confirmation number goes to a blank booking, for lack of a better term.  MSC is also still showing the OBC, it is listed under my husband's name but I am hoping it just gets applied to the cabin no matter which of us charges something?

I think this is the closest I am going to see to reassurance tonight.  Hoping everything on Expedia's site rights itself tomorrow.

How is your transfer going?

Adding that the trip still isnt coming up in my Trips folder nor is the booking number bringing it up.  Now when I follow the links in the email it brings up the correct trip, pricing and room (yesterday it was just the something went wrong message).  Nothing under the promo tab about OBC but MSC app still shows it.

I am wondering if I am not seeing it because my husband was entered as the "lead" by MSC, although its still my phone number and email connected to the res.

Have you reached out to Expedia?  Our Armonia (Dec 2019) reservation, I was not the lead person, but it was my email address associated with the account.  

For me, I would skip the TA and go straight to my MSC account.  All your perks are listed there.  If anything is missing, then that is when you contact your TA.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:17 AM, lifeasme123 said:

Have you reached out to Expedia?  Our Armonia (Dec 2019) reservation, I was not the lead person, but it was my email address associated with the account.  

For me, I would skip the TA and go straight to my MSC account.  All your perks are listed there.  If anything is missing, then that is when you contact your TA.

Not yet, I wanted to give Expedia a full 24 hours in case that was what was needed to see changes like this.  Then I had the thought that maybe it browser related so I tried Chrome.  I had success in finding the reservation by lookup by using the Expedia booking number and my email address however the name on the account is Bridget and I am April so that's strange.  I did recheck the invoice, the page that the invoice leads to and my MSC account and there is only the correct names, no Bridget (just as an FYI neither of the expedia people I talked with were named Bridget).  I'm sure my reservation is there and fine but not certain of this Bridget thing will cause issues paying so I will call next week to try to sort that out.

How is your transfer going, did Expedia release your reservations?