Pier 91-Seattle

sanbixby

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but I can not seem to find it anywhere.  We will be on RC Ovation of the Seas in July as a large group of 13.  This is an unfamiliar port to us.  As I watch trip vlogs, everyone talks about the 10 minute walk from the shared ride drop off to the actual terminal.  

My father, while not in a wheelchair, has some mobility issues and this will be an ordeal for him.  As such, my questions are:

1) Are there transport wheelchairs available at the shared ride drop off that we could use to convey him to the terminal?

2) If we have a private car service, can they drop off closer to the terminal?  We would be fine with hiring a car for him and my mom if need be to get a closer drop off.

3) Any other insights/suggestions for this?

This is a dream vacation for them and we certainly want to start it out right.

Thank you in advance.

There are no wheelchairs stationed at the Shared Ride drop off area which is about .04 miles from the terminal.  At least last season, only Uber/Lyft vehicles were directed to the Shared Ride drop off area; Taxis, private cars, Town-cars were able to drive to the terminal building.  We won't know of any policy changes until late April.

If you do use Uber/Lyft, you can have your driver explain to the the traffic control staff that a passenger has mobility issues and ask permission to drop off at the building.  Should not be a problem. 

Once you disembark 7 days later, there is a shuttle that your family can use to get back to the Shared Ride area.

Do have your father take advantage of the complimentary wheelchair service in front of the Pier 91 Building, a porter can help you locate a wheelchair trained staff member.  Passengers in wheelchairs and whoever they are sharing their stateroom with can skip all the long lines.  Unfortunately the other members of your group will have to go through the regular check-in process..

If your father has a handicapped parking placard ( on that hangs from the rear view mirror, bring that along. Have the Uber/Lyft driver hang it from their mirror. This should get you closer to the terminal for drop off.