Victory review 04/04/04

jerrymac

This is a review of our cruise on the Victory, it was the best of our six cruises!

We drove to Miami on Friday from Punta Gorda, Florida. It is approximately 190 miles. We used Priceline and stayed at the Hyatt, Saturday for $60 and Friday for $40. Our room was on the 20th floor facing the port. We saw many cruise ships come and leave Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Hyatt is about 6 blocks from Bayside, you can walk or a cab is just $4. We ate at Hooters at Bayside, but had many options including Bubba Gump’s. The Hyatt was very nice. You get a birdseye view of the cruise ships from Bayside. Saturday we did some shopping downtown and saw many deals, in fact it was more like shopping at the ports.

Embarkment: Boarding the ship went rather smoothly except for the construction at the port. Parking was $84 for 7 days. We immediately saw all the people with Mardi Gras beads as we waited in the lounge to board. The beads were worn by all our buddies on our roll call on cruise critics. Everyone else asked if we were from New Orleans. We were on deck drinking Foo Foo drinks by 12:30. We met many fellow CCers by the Lido bar. I immediately had to have a delicious Rueben and Cheeseburger! The cheeseburgers were the best I’ve ever had. By the way I recommend you make arrangements to meet fellow Ccers , it was the highlight of the cruise!

Cabin: We had a balcony cabin 6229. It was very spacious and not overcrowded even with my wife and 12 year old daughter. Loved the balcony, great views leaving Miami. We used two bungee (12 and 24 inch) cords and listened to the ocean all night. We were at the front of the ship so saw tons of flying fish avoiding the start of the wake. Fellow passengers smoking on the balcony was no problem at all, maybe because we were near the front.

Dinning: We had early seating 6:15 in the Atlantic dining room. The food I ordered was very good, but I knew what to order because it was my 4th Carnival cruise and the menu has not changed. If you like steaks it is a can’t miss, all were very good. Only ate breakfast in the dining room once, it was fairly good. The breakfast on deck is so good it did not pay to go anywhere else. You could order omelets or eggs over easy, etc besides the bacon, sausage and ham. The cheeseburgers at Mississippi BBQ and Ruebens at the deli are out of this world. Our dining mates were all fantastic, Carnival did a very good job matching us up. The 12 year old daughter of our dining mates and my daughter were inseparable for the whole cruise. Our waiter and busboy were very friendly and efficient.

I have no complaints on any of the service we received.

Ports: San Juan was kind of a waste because we did not arrive till 5 PM. We just went shopping in Old San Juan. We enjoyed St. Martin very much. We rented a Jeep from Best Deal Car Rental for $85. We drove all over the Island, stopped at beaches, went to Marigot. We saw wild donkeys and goats. We concluded our tour shopping in Phillipsburg and enjoying the beach and drinks downtown. St Thomas is our favorite island. We went on Godfrey tours. I strongly recommend you go on this tour. Godfrey is a joy and has a wealth of information about his island. The tour is only $20. He picks you up in the morning and drives you downtown for shopping. He then picks you up at noon and takes you on a 2 hour island tour, after that you have a choice to go to several beaches or back to the ship. If you go to the beach he picks you up in two hours and takes you back to ship or shopping at the mall next to the ship.

Debarkment: Leaving the ship went very smoothly. We could not use early debarkment because we had to declare some liquor. We still were off the ship by 10 AM.

Conclusion: This was our 6th cruise and it was the best. The food, service, ship, and ports were top of the line! What made this cruise the best was the people we met! I am talking to the Bates, Pages, Strickman, Mayone, and Matusek families! This cruise is one we will cherish!

4/4 Victory cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Enjoyed reading your great review.

So glad you and your family had a wonderful time and enjoyed the Victory.

A friend and myself will be going on the Victory out of New York to Canada in September.

It is so good to read a wonderful review.

You've got me so excited I'm ready to go Now!!!

Thanks again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Victory New York to Canada 09/25/2004 Cruise

Victory Cruise New York to Halifax

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

***So Glad To Be Back Cruise Again

Ship.gif Carnival Victory New York to Canada

jerrymac,

Forgot to ask if you have a copy of the dining room menu?

My friend is a worry about the food since she is doen't like to try new things. So I thought if I could get the menus that she could be thinking about what she would be able to eat.

Thanks

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

Thank you for the kind words about my reveiw, here is the Victory menu:

Dinner Menu - Main Courses

Day 1

Ziti with Italian Sausage, Assorted Bell Peppers and Fresh Mushrooms

NS Catch of the Day: Broiled Fillet of Market-Fresh Fish

Sweet and Sour Shrimp

Supreme of Chicken A La Greque

Rack of New Zealand Spring Lamb Dijonnaise

Grilled, Aged New York Sirloin Steak with Three Peppercorn Sauce

Madras-Style Vegetable Curry

=======================

Day 2

Trennette Putanesca

Ancho Honey-Basted Fillet of Fresh Pacific Salmon

Broiled Lobster Tail with Melted Butter

Whole Roasted Quail Filled with a Delicate Herb Stuffing

Tamarind-Rubbed, Tender Roasted Prime Rib of American Beef Au Jus

Grilled Brochettes of Fresh Garden Vegetables

===============

Day 3

Penne Mariscos

Broiled Fillet of Chilean Sea Bass with Truffle Butter

Grilled Paillard of Young Turkey Harlequin

Jerked Pork Loin

Roast Leg of New England Spring Lamb with a Rosemary Reduction

Grilled New York Sirloin Steak from Aged American Beef, Marchand de Vin

Baked Herb Polenta

==================

Day 4

Farfalle with Smoked Turkey Tenderloin and Green Asparagus Tips

Pan-Seared Fillet of Sole Meuniere

Black Tiger Shrimp and Sliced Heart of Leeks in California Chardonnay Cream

Broiled Cornish Game Hen with Black Cherry Salsa

Grilled Center-Cut Chop of Milk-Fed Wisconsin Veal

Tenderloin of Beef Wellington

Black Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas

=====================

Day 5

Penne Tossed in a Tomato-Cream Sauce with Vodka and Caviar

Pan-Seared Fillet of Fresh Fish with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette

Coquilles St. Jacques

Supreme of Chicken, Carnival-Style

Veal Parmigiana

Filet Mignon with California Cabernet Sauce and Gorgonzola Butter

Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ricotta Cheese

===================

Day 6

Penne Siciliana

Steamed North Atlantic Halibut Steak with Fresh Herb Vinaigrette

Grilled Black Tiger Jumbo Shrimp

Pepper-Seared Long Island Duckling

Chateaubriand with Sauce Bearnaise

Assorted Fresh Vegetable Princess

=========================

Day 7

Fettuccine Tossed in a Mushroom Cream

Grilled Fillet of Fresh Pacific Salmon with Dill Mousseline

Delice of the Ocean, Newburg-Style

Oven-Roasted Tom Turkey

Seared Medallion of Pork with a Porcini Sabayon

Tender Roasted Prime Rib of American Beef Au Jus

Zucchini and Eggplant Parmigiana

4/4 Victory cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Oh jerrymac,

Thank you,Thank you, Thank you, boy that was fast.

Now did you remember all that or did you bring home a menu from everynight???

Do you think the menu stays the same for all cruises on Victory. Sure hope it's the same by September.

My mouth is watering already.

Thanks so much for taking the time to type all that!!! So sweet of you.

While I have you here, I read a lot of reviews about the Victory being hard to get around on. Can you give me any insight as to learn our way around quick.

Thanks again jerrymac

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

The menu stays the same and this is the menu you will encounter.

The ship is not hard to get around, just remember the elevators by the atrium go to all decks while the elevators in the rear of the ship do not.

4/4 Victory cruise

Sounds good!!!

Thanks!!

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

Hi Jerrymac-

Great review!! We too enjoyed meeting all of the CC'ers on board! Definitely a highlight of the trip!

Marcyjane- you will love the Victory. I'd suggest looking at a deckplan before you go! Because of the dining rooms and galley on level 3, in order to get from the back of the ship to the front ( or reverse), you have to go to level 5 and walk on the promenade! Once you figure it out, it's a snap! So,for example, to get to the purser's desk from the Pacific(aft)Dining Room, you go up to Level 5, go to the main atrium and then back down to Level 3 to the Purser's desk!

Have a great time on your cruise! Like Jerrymac suggested, make sure you post on the roll call to meet great people!

Laura

Thanks, seanski closer to time of our cruise I'll post a roll call for meet & greet.

Thanks for all the good info.

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

Ok!! icon_wink.gif jerrymac, I'll do that.

LC's Lady, I'm like jerrymac I to wish I was going NOW!!!

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

Nice review we were on the Inspiration this same sailing and the weather was perfect. Glad you had a good time.

Judy

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

The more the merrier I welcome all my fellow ccer's to forget about your troubles on your 9to5 and come along for the ride on this fantastic voyage icon_wink.gif.

MBABYDOLL1628

DESTINY11/99 TRUIMP11/01 ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS 11/02 VICTORY 5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;5;23;7;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived