Texting Onboard

meandsis

The chat app I've found to be very inconsistent. Even when keeping the app open the messages don't always get through. The next cruise were both gonna get the social media package and use facebook messenger. I'd rather pay more for something that actually works and gives you more features, than pay less for something that doesn't work well at all. Here come the boomers with their snide comments lol.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:55 PM, nydney1 said:

On our last trip the texting worked just Ok if it was person to person, Group texting did not work at all.

The texting feature is great for parents as kids start to go off on their own.

Does this app work on every carnival ship?

2 hours ago, gcbranscome said:

Does this app work on every carnival ship?

Yes, all ships are capable of using the Hub app. However, there are a few features that aren't available on all of the ships. Using the Hub app to check in to Your Time Dining hasn't been rolled out to the entire fleet yet. Ordering a pizza with the app isn't available on the Fascination. And the ability to view and order Pixels photos on the app is only available on ships with the Pixels Digital Photo Gallery.

11 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

You can’t just send the kids off and tell them to come to the cabin at 1:30? If they are responsible enough to explore on their own with the app, they should be able to do it for an hour without it.

??? Not sure why this is even a question for you? In my case, I had teen/YA kids who pretty much set their own schedule for the day while DH and I would do things at our own pace.... we all liked to meet up at various times throughout the day onboard...we quickly realized with no texting this was a comedy of errors challenge,and hard to meet us all up same time/place....this will simplify things a lot. I don't see the problem with this ,in fact I think it's a wonderful thing to have and use! Yes, we had to make do with notes in the cabin,and hopefully meeting at the right time before, but this is much easier,and we all have a phone in our pockets so why not?

56 minutes ago, Hsmama said:

??? Not sure why this is even a question for you? In my case, I had teen/YA kids who pretty much set their own schedule for the day while DH and I would do things at our own pace.... we all liked to meet up at various times throughout the day onboard...we quickly realized with no texting this was a comedy of errors challenge,and hard to meet us all up same time/place....this will simplify things a lot. I don't see the problem with this ,in fact I think it's a wonderful thing to have and use! Yes, we had to make do with notes in the cabin,and hopefully meeting at the right time before, but this is much easier,and we all have a phone in our pockets so why not?

You obviously did not read the post I was replying to. We were only talking about the time between lunch and when the cabins (S&S cards) would be available on embarkation day. I made no claims of objection to the app. We use it all the time.

27 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

You obviously did not read the post I was replying to. We were only talking about the time between lunch and when the cabins (S&S cards) would be available on embarkation day. I made no claims of objection to the app. We use it all the time.

ahhh sorry! this thread got long fast and I got mixed up....

19 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

You can’t just send the kids off and tell them to come to the cabin at 1:30? If they are responsible enough to explore on their own with the app, they should be able to do it for an hour without it.

They don't feel comfortable not being able to contact us just in case, as they won't know where we are, either.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

They don't feel comfortable not being able to contact us just in case, as they won't know where we are, either.

Fair enough but you did say you would stay in one place. If they are uncomfortable, listen to them and act accordingly. They sound wise.  Also remind them for later that the app isn’t 100% guarantee they will be able to reach you and not to panic if they don’t get an immediate response. Have a great time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, matymil said:

Weird how in no part of the OP did it ask for an opinion on texting on board, or your opinion specifically yet you still felt in necessary to interject it. Must of missed that part 

As did you.  There is no way to win this. (must of ????)