Air Fare Alert !!!

jcruise67

Continental Airlines dramatically reduced non-stop airfare from Newark Liberty/NJ to San Juan from $278 + tax to $118 +tax. If ou are from NY/NJ and are flying into San Juan in April, check it out on http://www.cheaptickets.com or the continental.com website aw well. Just thought I would alert anyone this pertains to.

jcruise

I'm not flying out till January of 2007. I can't start checking airfares for another 8 days. I hope this price still stays the same when I check next week!

Best of luck Lauren. I hope so too. It is the best airfare I ever received from Newark to San Juan. I continuously check airfare following the booking of our cruise. I paid half of what it would have normally cost me for DW and I if I booked last week. I was surprised to say the least. I guess I just got lucky.

jcruise

Continental Airlines dramatically reduced non-stop airfare from Newark Liberty/NJ to San Juan from $278 + tax to $118 +tax. If ou are from NY/NJ and are flying into San Juan in April, check it out on www.cheaptickets.com or the continental.com website aw well. Just thought I would alert anyone this pertains to.

jcruise

That is a fabulous price!

Hey Everybody,

Continnetal had airfare from Richmond, Va. to San Juan PR. for my cruise date of September 17TH for $328 round trip this past weekend. I was hoping the rate would stay at that price till I get my taxes back, but that was too good to be true. It is now $428 still not a bad price but not as good as $328.....HAHAHA

Haven't booked flight yet so maybe the price will go down again, Who Knows.

Hey Everybody,

Continnetal had airfare from Richmond, Va. to San Juan PR. for my cruise date of September 17TH for $328 round trip this past weekend. I was hoping the rate would stay at that price till I get my taxes back, but that was too good to be true. It is now $428 still not a bad price but not as good as $328.....HAHAHA

Haven't booked flight yet so maybe the price will go down again, Who Knows.

Ken,

I would definitely wait it out. since your cruise isn't until September, you have plenty of time before purchasing your air. If my airfare hadn't been reduced, I still would have waited until the last possible minute to purchase it. It is an amazing price for airfare from Newark to San Juan, but I caught it because I continuously check back on the web sites I mentioned in my previous post. This is what happens after the airline industry deregulated. Fares constantly go up and then come down just as fast. I've always booked my air following the booking of my cruise. I still can't believe what I paid. It was more than a 50% savings on both airline tickets. I have never paid under $229 + tax for an airline ticket to San Juan. Again, wait it out as long as you can or until you are comfortable with the fare.

jcruise

Wow Jcruise - I was happy to get a fare from JFK to SJU direct for $207 - you beat me!!!

Good for you.

Well Thank You SunPrincess. I was quite shocked myself. Your fare is very good as well. When are you sailing?

jcruise aka: jcruise

March 4th - flying the same day.

I did check last night on cheaptickets & the prices was about the same with taxes & fees varied.

DW and I sailed on the Golden last April. She is beautiful. Loved every minute of the cruise with just one exception; Portifinos Supper Club was not very good. The service there was slow and you starve to death by the third course. (Very, Very, Small Portions). We sat for two hours and still hadn't been served the main course. However, the rest of the cruise was tremendous. Particularly liked the main pool. Say hi to "Deep Blue" for me. They are a great live band that plays at the main pool all day. You'll love them.

jcruise

I don't know if this makes a difference but I've been checking airfares on Continental for awhile for our trip to Copenhagen and noticed that on the weekend it's always listed for less than what its listed for during the week by at least $100.00????

Julia

Archived