Bermuda in October

RacerGirl8

My husband and I are hoping to take a 7 day cruise to Bermuda in October for our anniversary. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like and what basic's to pack for this time of year? This will be our first cruise and I am a little worried out "seasickness" :confused: . Do the ginger pills really work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

We sailed last October 2-9, the 3 days we were in Bermuda were awesome. Temps were mid 80's and the water temp was about 79. We went to the beach a few times and also did some water excursions. All in all it was a great time to go:o

Thanks Rebsar. I get worried because I usually get sea sick on our fishing boat or long car rides. I have taken Bonnie before when we take the Ferry from Cape May, NJ to Dover, Delaware for the nascar races and it seems to work pretty well. I really don't like Dramine because it knocks me out.

You will love Bermuda in October. We went in Oct. of 2004 and going again this October. We were on the beach everyday.

I also get car sick, seasick etc. and just take one Bonine every morning and am fine. Even take them while docked in Bermuda as we use the bus and ferry transportion while there.

You will love it and will be a great first cruise experience. It was our 4th cruise and best vacation ever!!

We went also in October of 04. Matter of fact on the same cruise as Tinker above. She is so right the weather was amazing. Just right for the beaches, day trips, etc..... Have a wonderful time and pack alot of short sets! I didn't and wished I had. That's how nice the weather was.

Debbie

Ginger pills are good, also try candied ginger. I used the candied on our overflight of the Nazca lines in Peru and managed to keep my breakfast down (very rollercoastery ride). You might also want to try the wrist bands, they use acupressure. They work for some people - I've never had problems with seasickness, but my DH has and the wrist bands seem to help a little.

Archived