EDITED: HELP Mt. McKinley vs Copper River, AK

smilejesuslovesu

The cruise line is Princess Cruises.

We have a choice in doing a 12 day that has 2 nights in Denali, 2 nights in Mt. McKinley and none is Copper Ridge or

we can do a 13 night, 1 night Copper Ridge 2 nights Denali and 1 night Mt. McKinley.  

The 13 night is only $20.00 per person more.

We have been to Alaska 2 times, but have only done the cruise part not any of the land tours.

We want to be able to go fishing at some point inland in Alaska, but we are not sure if Cooper Ridge is a good place to fish we have never been there before.

My thinking is for $20.00 pp more with an extra night and also another city we have never been to this might be the better choice.

If anyone could tell us what there is to do in Cooper Ridge and if we can fish there that would be great...Also if you have to have a fishing license to fish there would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance and have a Blessed day

Did you open the Princess Lodges link  I attached to your previous post ?

There are fishing excursions offered at both the McKinley in Talkeetna as well as Copper River. 

With only one night at Copper River, will you have time to fish? A lot of these cruisetours spend most of the day in transit, so you need to find out your arrival time and departure time.

Also, you need to determine if your travel time coincide with a salmon run.

17 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Did you open the Princess Lodges link  I attached to your previous post ?

There are fishing excursions offered at both the McKinley in Talkeetna as well as Copper River. 

With only one night at Copper River, will you have time to fish? A lot of these cruisetours spend most of the day in transit, so you need to find out your arrival time and departure time.

Also, you need to determine if your travel time coincide with a salmon run.

Yes I did thank you very much

On 1/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, smilejesuslovesu said:

The cruise line is Princess Cruises.

We have a choice in doing a 12 day that has 2 nights in Denali, 2 nights in Mt. McKinley and none is Copper Ridge or

we can do a 13 night, 1 night Copper Ridge 2 nights Denali and 1 night Mt. McKinley.  

The 13 night is only $20.00 per person more.

We have been to Alaska 2 times, but have only done the cruise part not any of the land tours.

We want to be able to go fishing at some point inland in Alaska, but we are not sure if Cooper Ridge is a good place to fish we have never been there before.

My thinking is for $20.00 pp more with an extra night and also another city we have never been to this might be the better choice.

If anyone could tell us what there is to do in Cooper Ridge and if we can fish there that would be great...Also if you have to have a fishing license to fish there would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance and have a Blessed day

We did the tour that included all three lodges this past summer. I recommend that tour. But I must warn you, there is a full day on a bus to get from Copper River lodge to Denali lodge. But so worth it, we saw quite a bit of wildlife and scenery we would have missed otherwise. Another warning, a big part of the day is on a gravel road, but found it to be in good shape. We would do it again. 

Would you consider not doing the pre-packaged tour from the cruiseline and renting a car and doing the trip yourself? There's no where the cruisetour goes that you can't go on your own, and you'd be able to get to the fishing you want to get to.