attention : TANG-BAILEY

HarleyGirl

You do not have to worry at all, I felt very safe from the very start. His wife is REALLY nice.

We just returned from our Cruise on Monday the 30th. We were in Calica on Saturday, January 28th and spent the day with a private tour guide name Eddie. IT WAS AWESOME. The best snorkeling, swimming day I've had. He takes you Yal Ku lagoon very similar to xelha only there are MILLIONS of fish. It was like an over stocked aquarium. He also takes you to snorkel in the Dos Ojos cenote that was amazing and you get play with spider monkeys there also if you are interested. He then takes you to swim with the sea turtles and takes you for lunch to a local restaurant. It was so beautiful and totally private only myself and my husband. We had the entire lagoon to ourselves. I found him on this message board when looking for something to do at this port. That's what we did but you pretty much ask him to do whatever you want. Some people go to visit the Ruins in tulum but we had already seen them so we skipped that. He has a stocked cooler of beer, water and pop for you to drink ALL day at no cost.

The cost you ask.... well since we used his vehicle because it was just me and my husband it was 50$ for transportation and then 45$ per person. You could also rent a jeep (remember to bartar you can talk them down from 100 to 65$) and meet him in Tulum if you like. We simply took a taxi for 10$ to a mall where we met him and he reimbursed us the 10$. He aslo takes a bunch of pictures with his digital camera (underwater) and provides you with all of those photos as well.

I'm telling you it was great. We ended our day at a local bar/restaurant called la buena vida,right on the ocean, amazing place. Happy hour 1$ for drinks...

After our drinks, Eddie (who is the owner) drove us right back to the cruise ship.

For those interested he has a tour shop in Tulum at the ruins where you can either find Eddie or his brother Daniel to take you out. He also has a website that is semi functional, my husband is working on the site right now to make it more functional. You can also email his wife Bonnie (great lady, met her also) to make a reservation.

His website is edventuretours.com.mx

His email is edventure68@hotmail.com

Tell him Tania and Mike say HI!

Archived