Destination suggestions

daggie

My wife and I are definitely going on an Oceania crusie this year to the Meditteranean. We have cruised the Caribbean but never Europe. We would like to have Rome included in this cruise but cannot decide ( becuase of our lack of Europe travel experience) whether to do a Barcelona to Rome cruise ( which would include some stops in France) or an Athens to Rome cruise to include some of the Greek Islands. Any suggestions would be much appreciated--we are just trying to make a smart decision for our first time anywhere in Europe.

I vote Athens-Rome. :D They are both wonderful and you will enjoy whichever you choose. I recommend you do private tours and not the ship tours. You will enjoy it much more. You can always try and share with some others to cut down on the cost. ;)

Really you have to look at the choice of itineraries and decide which is best for YOU.

Last year we cruised Venice to Barcelona on Insignia and this year are doing Istanbul to Venice.

What may be good for ME may be a disaster for YOU. Italy is always fantastic as is France .......personally not that crazy about Athens but as I said its personal choice.

Brian

What do you like to do in the ports when you are on a cruise? Do you prefer shopping, laying on a beach, visiting museums, visiting historical areas - what periods of history, visiting big cities or small towns?

Everyone has their preferences and that would help us make our suggestions.

We started our cruising with a Rome to Barcelona cruise a number of years ago. We progressed to Athens and the Greek Isles on our fourth cruise. Going from Rome to Barcelona allowed us to see Florence, Provence, Monte Carlo, etc. Either way I think you will be happy.

Archived