Northern Lights Jan 2020 Photo tips and Gluten free

PGI GUY

Just a few tips from the Viking Star.

I am gluten free and the ship has been great in dealing with food restrictions. I get the next days menu delivered to my cabin each day to make my selections and when they can, prepare the meal with out gluten. Most of the food labels in the world cafe have food symbols showing problem ingredients, they were in black and white, my wife suggested they be in different colors to quickly identify problem ingredients. The head waiter came to our table and said it was a great idea and was going to propose it be applied fleet wide, today all the food cards were in color. Well done Viking.

Camera tips.

To take pictures of the northern lights google the following questions.

1. Why does a camera see better colors of the northern lights than the naked eye?

2. Camera suggestions for taking pictures of the northern lights?

Some people have been having good luck with some I phones, but you need to down load a special app for taking pictures of the northern lights and you need to figure out how to mount a phone on a tripod.

Your camera needs to be able to use manual focus and a timed exposure and use a tripod, up to 15 seconds exposure may be required. The people with a digital SLR were having very good results.

We have had several sightings and most appear to be a white cloud with some green and red color, but you need to use a camera to get the full effect.

Hope this helps, sorry for the duel topic.

• Like 1