Seattle and Southwest flights

webzila

On 1/20/2020 at 10:44 PM, webzila said:

Thanks all for the input. I will monitor the prices.

There are 2 airport in Houston so I'm specifically looking for flights from HOU to SEA and back to HOU.

For me HOU is 15 min away while IAH is 1h15m

HOU is pretty much all SWA so that's what I'm checking directly through them which is the only option. *Also HOU is one of the major operating bases for Southwest (they don't operate from IAH)*

Last time I flew to SEA few years ago I paid around 170 per person each way so 290 seems like alot. I found 1 good flight to SEA for 156.

Right now the issue is coming back.

Only direct flight back to HOU I see is 10:15 am. I don't think we can make that. My wife and I are usually first off the ship but even then that's cutting it close and we will have our 8 yr old. He slows us down.

😁

Then only other reasonable fights are $180 which are late afternoon and have stops and with 2 hr time change don't arrive until following day past midnight.

Doesn't seem like I have any choice here because I seriously doubt that SWA will add any additional flights. My only hope is that they lower the price even more.

Thanks again

You CAN make the 10:15 flight, if your cruise arrives at 6am, work hard to get early disembarkation and/or roll off your own bags to speed the process up. 

On 1/19/2020 at 9:18 AM, webzila said:

This is me just wondering about something I noticed...

I am looking for round trip tickets from HOU to Seattle 2nd week of June on Southwest Airlines (In: Monday / Out: Tues of following week) and noticed that there are hardly any non-stop flights, prices are very high and up until May there aren't even any flights listed after ~12PM at all. 

Just wondering if someone happen to know if something occurred between Southwest and Sea-Tec?

I last did this trip 4 years ago and there were many flights and they were much much cheaper. Wondering if something happened like a contract dispute, etc...but couldn't find anything in the news.

You can always play the SW Airlines pricing game, and it's one reason I really really like SW Air!  If you bought your tickets today and using both non-stops and the price of the ticket is $376 as I have pointed out - you can continue to check the SW Website and if you see the price drop and it makes sense, you can change your tix and then you'll have a credit for future flights on SW Air - there is no penalty.  That way you have tix in hand and if you see a drop you score the price drop.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:45 PM, baabtx said:

You can always play the SW Airlines pricing game, and it's one reason I really really like SW Air!  If you bought your tickets today and using both non-stops and the price of the ticket is $376 as I have pointed out - you can continue to check the SW Website and if you see the price drop and it makes sense, you can change your tix and then you'll have a credit for future flights on SW Air - there is no penalty.  That way you have tix in hand and if you see a drop you score the price drop.

This is what I usually do.....

• Like 1