Independence 2 Bedroom suite 6716 hot tub functional?

• Clarea changed the title to Independence 2 Bedroom suite 6716 hot tub functional?
  • 3 weeks later...

We got back and had a great time!  The hottub is functional but there is no heating element.  As I said before it was a girls trip and we had both rooms.  They did have slightly different layouts.  They have upgraded wood finishes as opposed to the other RFS due to it being the Presidential suite.  There is no longer a long table on the other one.  There are just 4 seat tables on each balcony.  The safes are underneath the dressing vanities. It took us a while to find them.  Being on deck 6 was nice and easily accessible to everything.  We had the steward open the balcony dividers and enjoyed the extra large balcony.  Concierge service was very good although my main complaint is that they serve very low brand liquors and wines as compared to Celebrity. the lounge has a very nice outside area for seating and lounging.  We have it booked again for next Feb.

23 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

We got back and had a great time!  The hottub is functional but there is no heating element.  As I said before it was a girls trip and we had both rooms.  They did have slightly different layouts.  They have upgraded wood finishes as opposed to the other RFS due to it being the Presidential suite.  There is no longer a long table on the other one.  There are just 4 seat tables on each balcony.  The safes are underneath the dressing vanities. It took us a while to find them.  Being on deck 6 was nice and easily accessible to everything.  We had the steward open the balcony dividers and enjoyed the extra large balcony.  Concierge service was very good although my main complaint is that they serve very low brand liquors and wines as compared to Celebrity. the lounge has a very nice outside area for seating and lounging.  We have it booked again for next Feb.

Hey I am from just outside Augusta Ga, small world. thank you for the update. one question, did you use the hot tub, how was it without the heating element and were there any plans to fix it? ill be sailing in May 2020

53 minutes ago, Danlewis said:

Hey I am from just outside Augusta Ga, small world. thank you for the update. one question, did you use the hot tub, how was it without the heating element and were there any plans to fix it? ill be sailing in May 2020

We did use the hottub. We used it on sailaway, and after a long day of touring in Cozumel and another evening after shows and dinner.  You could fill it with hot water.  the room steward showed us how to fill it and drain it. which was a pain.  I do not think that it ever had a heating element in it due to fire regulations.  There was just an on and off button.  We did use it several times.  It does have to be drained every day due to no chemicals in the water.

OK, thank you again for the info, that's a shame you had to go through that much trouble. i was so looking forward to it being a regular use jacuzzi.  well i've  already booked the cabin so will make the best of. family will be disappointed.