Cabo - book zodiac whale watch from pier?

douggw

I had a reservation for a zodiac whale watching from  Cabo Adventures but they cancelled me since I'm arriving via cruise ship and forced me to pay more than double if I wanted to keep my reservation.  Obviously, I said no this scam.  I know there are other whale watching that I can just book right there at the pier/marina, but I think most of those are the bigger boats. I'd still like a zodiac smaller experience.  Anyhow know or remember seeing any of those available as you get off the tender there at the pier?  Thank you!

There is Cabo Adventures and Ocean Riders that run zodiac's. We prefer the catamarans (have done both). Pez Gato is our favorite. Problem with the zodiacs is they sometimes don't follow established legal safety distances and put both their passengers and the whales at risk for injury. Other good catamarans include Sea Rider, Eco Cat.

Go to whale watch Cabo, they are excellent, we used them yesterday (We are staying in Cabo) and can only say good things about them.

Price was $76 pp when paying cash.

They have an office in the marina, but better to book first.

I have to say, it was amazing watching 2 adults and 1 baby breaching, highlight of the trip.

1 hour ago, jetwet1 said:

Go to whale watch Cabo, they are excellent, we used them yesterday (We are staying in Cabo) and can only say good things about them.

Price was $76 pp when paying cash.

They have an office in the marina, but better to book first.

I have to say, it was amazing watching 2 adults and 1 baby breaching, highlight of the trip.

We have also been out when a mom and her juvenile were out practicing proper whale behavior. The mom was doing her best but you know how kids never listen. And that's another very important reason why boats MUST observe safe distances from the whales. If a juvenile whale was to breach too close to a zodiac boat (because they know it all) you could have a real problem.