***Which room to get married in on CONQUEST?? ***

cruisingcop

HELLO TO ALL!! Me & my Fiance are getting married 2/2007 on the CONQUEST and we are about to book the wedding to reserve our spot for the special day. I was told there are several places to get married at on the ship and I am curious if anyone has a suggestion or pics of your wedding in a certain room. Any addtl info would be greatly appreciated also. We are getting married on the ship while in TEXAS so our family can be with us that are not going on the cruise. Also, anyone ever stayed in room 7440?? is it worth the extra money - Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Cruisingcop,

I am having the same trouble deciding which room for my reception on the Glory. Of course we don't actually get to choose which room per se but I have heard that the entertainment we choose (dj, piano player, etc) determines the room. I think that I have decided on the piano player but my decision changes by the hour:p

One thing that has helped is seeing pictures of the possible rooms. You might go to webshots.com and search "Carnival Conquest wedding." By doing this I was able to see the Green Room (where I hear most Glory weddings are held). As for the reception--You could also find out the name of the disco (dj) and piano bar (piano player) and search for those rooms on webshots.

Sorry I don't know anything Conquest specific but I hope this helps some.

That helps alot! They advised its first come first serve basis so I guess that was talking about what entertainment you want & what is left if there is more than one wedding. Stevesgirl- when are you getting married, & more than likely it will be before mine 02/2007 if so can you keep in touch and let me know your critic of the whole wedding experience - one thing i have read alooot on is unless you pay more to get upgraded flowers on the wedding cake- many people have said the topper that comes with the package - they viewed as cheesy- but other brides mentioned they brought their own topper and the coordinator made sure it went on top of the cake- just a heads up on that!

Cruisingcop,

We are getting married Nov. 11th and can't wait! I would love to stay in touch and compare notes/experiences! My email is steveandbrooke1111@msn.com

I have also heard that the cake topper that comes with the package is extremely cheesy. I am going to try to make my own silk flowers for the wedding so I though that I might try a silk flower cake topper too. Or maybe I'll go with the upgrade...not sure which. I have not been able to get anyone at TWE to return my calls/emails so I don't know how much a cake topper upgrade is. I realize that my wedding is still 9 months away so that is probably why I am getting the brush off but we are trying to firm up a budget and that is hard to do without all of the info. Oh well, no use getting too worked up about it! :cool:

Which package did you choose? How many people do you expect?

We are going with the deluxe romance package, we have approximately 30 guests & 18 are sailing with us - i think my group would enjoy the open bar for an hour & 1/2 so thats one reason we went with that package -

i will definately stay in touch cuz i feel kinda out in left field of what is going on - but hopefully in time TWE will make me feel a little more informed and confident in everything planned-

Did you send out save the date invites or just invitations- im kinda lost on what to do because i am limited to how many people can come- but i dont want all my family or friends to feel that they weren't invited - we live in dallas so of course they would have to make a 5 hour trip to galveston - i hate to leave them out of the main event - but maybe even a reception at home for everyone after the cruise would be a good idea.

We chose the deluxe package too for the same reasons. We have 20 sailing and 20 nonsailing right now. I would have loved to get married on the beach but it is more important to me that my nonsailing family is there.

We sent out save the dates a year from the wedding. We included our engagement story and info on the cruise. They turned out really nice.

We plan to send out message in a bottle invites to the same people we sent STDs to about 6-8 weeks before the wedding.

We are also going to send out announcements with invitations to a reception we will have at home when we return. We will send these right before we leave for the cruise. We are going to have an open house reception at our house a few weeks after we get back. This way our friends and family that weren't able to go to Florida will still be able to celebrate with us.

ok , i'll have to play copy cat & do the same- that is a great idea- we didnt want to leave those out who can not come - & since the package included only 20 people and you pay like 24.00 for each person over the 20 allowed- we were kinda worried about sending invites out to everyone of our family & friends- with an announcement and reception, they wont feel left out

whew got that behind me now-

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting married in Galveston, Texas May 28, 2006 on the Conquest also. I heard that depending on the size of your wedding will determine where it takes place on the ship. I'm having the deluxe package with 50 non sailing guest, it's our honeymoon too so please no sailing guest for me.HA!! Best of luck to you and post some pics when you return and give us details!!! Congrats.

thanks for your reply - !!! you will be getting married before me - if ya dont mind will you keep in touch and post some pictures of the room you got married in & your wedding - i havent really seen pics of conquest wedding onboard- so i am curious to see what the rooms look like and the colors used- it might help me pick our colors to use in the wedding - i'll keep ya updated if anything new or helpful is brought to my attention - thanks!

brandi

are you doing the message in a bottle , invites yourself? the ones i have seen on line get a lil expensive & i like to think i'm a lil crafty ( not a martha stewart by any means) but i think i can roll up a paper & cork it in a bottle! :rolleyes: ha any suggestions?

Archived