Question about the Key and kids

DeeDee316

Hello CC.  I am looking at buying the Key for upcoming cruise.  Does anyone know if kids are required to have it? My kiddos are younger (will be 4 and 6). I would think probably not, but wanted to see.  Looked quickly on the website but didn't see. Might have missed it. Any personal experiences? Thank you!

Any child 6 and up in the assigned room must purchase The Key

its the downside to the key.... my kids would never need internet or half the perks it comes with,.... so that’s why I can’t justify buying “4” keys for my family 

3 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

Any child 6 and up in the assigned room must purchase The Key

its the downside to the key.... my kids would never need internet or half the perks it comes with,.... so that’s why I can’t justify buying “4” keys for my family 

Ugh really? My daughter turns 6 like a month before.. she's definitely not using the perks. Thanks!

Edited by DeeDee316

When we used the Key on Symphony - it was just my daughter and I but we were with a group of 8 total.   We both had The Key.   

While I don’t think a 6yo would get as much use of it as my 8yo, I don’t think the age should be much above 6.  

My 8yo definitely used the Internet capability - to chat and coordinate meetups with others in our group and to keep in touch with those we left at home and to surf as she would at home periodically,    

She also attended all of the shows with me and definitely benefited from having reserved seats and not needing to sit for 30 min prior to them.

Lastly - we definitely attended the Key skating session and of course the two meals and embarkation/disembarkation! 

I fully subscribe to every kid being different and there being a big difference between 6 and 8 when it comes to activities (not as many 6 yo have devices and text compare to 8yo!) so maybe for this 6-8 yo group they need a variable feature option (with or without internet), but I don’t think they are too out of line with this requirement.