Happy hour game room on Carnival Vista?

I would imagine that they do them on all cruises. They're called Power Hour. We had two of them on our 5-day cruise aboard the Valor last month. One in the morning on a sea day and the second in the early evening on a port day.

There was a little bit of discussion about it recently in this thread if you'd like to have a look:

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:21 AM, Too blessed to be stressed said:

Game rooms are crazy expensive. $3 a game. Taking grandkids and want them to have fun. Dont want to be too cheap. I remember on Carnival sunshine they had one evening it was half price for a couple of hours. Does anyone know if Carnival Vista has such a night?

My wife and I realized awhile back that we give the kids spending money before any vacation.  For Disney we typically give them about $50 per kid for souvenirs.  Then we also let them know they are welcome to save additional money if they want even more spending money.  Then when we are on vacation we don't have to worry about small costs adding up and the kids do a really good job deciding what they want to spend it on.  Before when we just had them ask and we would buy they would want anything and everything and a lot of the stuff they would get they wouldn't even look at again.  Now they are very selective and spend the money pretty wisely.

Anyway with that said if there was a gameroom my kids wanted to play I would let them know there was a night where it was 1/2 off if they really wanted to play and they could use their souvenir money for that purpose.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, ummgood said:

My wife and I realized awhile back that we give the kids spending money before any vacation.  For Disney we typically give them about $50 per kid for souvenirs.  Then we also let them know they are welcome to save additional money if they want even more spending money.  Then when we are on vacation we don't have to worry about small costs adding up and the kids do a really good job deciding what they want to spend it on.  Before when we just had them ask and we would buy they would want anything and everything and a lot of the stuff they would get they wouldn't even look at again.  Now they are very selective and spend the money pretty wisely.

Anyway with that said if there was a gameroom my kids wanted to play I would let them know there was a night where it was 1/2 off if they really wanted to play and they could use their souvenir money for that purpose.

Great idea, I'm going to do this!

On 1/26/2020 at 3:46 AM, Too blessed to be stressed said:

Great idea, I'm going to do this!

I love it because it allows the kids to really see how money works and allows them to be part of the decision.  The funny thing is you can see what kid does well and what one doesn't.  I have one that has trouble spending anything and ends up taking the money home except for one small souvenir haha.  She actually bought herself an iPad with her money she has collected over the years.

• Like 1