Liquor store in Tampa

Johnny Cruiser

Hi all, I hope this is the right forum. We're sailing out of Tampa next Sunday on the Miracle. We'll be in town Saturday afternoon at the Days Inn by the port.

Is there a liquor store close by? In particular, can you buy Ruffino (Italian Chianti) and any ports (Taylor Fladgate)? Also, can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for Saturday night? We will be on foot or taxi bound.

Thanks in advance!

Which Days Inn by the port? Is it the one off I-4 at exit 3? If so, I would not "foot it" in the area, but take a cab. There are several nice restaurants in Ybor City. You can check some of them out at this site. http://www.visittampabay.com/do/dining/index.php

This page http://www.visittampabay.com/do/dining/rank.php shows the ones that are more famous nationally (although not all of them are in Ybor, you'd still need a cab to get to them.)

There are quite a few "local" stores, but not sure many that I'd venture into. There is an ABC store about 2 miles away at 3729 E Hillsborough or if you are going from the airport to the hotel, you can get the driver to stop at the one by the airport at 2001 N Dale Mabry. There is also a KashNKarry at 5028 Columbus Square that is within a mile of the hotel. The grocery stores here sell beer and wine (although not sure how large a selection they will have.) Also some KNK stores have liquor stores attached so you could call them to check it out before heading there. Its on the other side of town from where I live and I havent been out there in a while so I cant comment on any other specifics. Just checked some online info to get this for you.

Archived