Princess Tender

b7440

I have booked a European Princess Cruise , on the Regal Princess, this cruise has two tender ports. I use a lightweight scooter called a Travelscoot, weights 35 pounds, also folds up.  I am able to walk down stairs with a cane. My question is does anyone have any experience with being able to tender with either a wheelchair, or small lightweight scooter.

I am aware that it is up to the Captain, and it depends on weather, but. I have been on 6 Celebrity Cruises ,and have tendered many times. Just looking to see if it possible .

Thank You for your input.

I used a travelscoot for over 10 years and was never denied access to the tender on Princess cruises. I did however avoid the tender on several occasions when the seas were what I call bouncy - not really rough but the tender was bouncing up and down at the access point. I have now "graduated" to a fold-and-go wheelchair as my balance has deteriorated. I no longer even attempt to tender. However, that is my choice and has nothing to do with Princess. Have fun on your cruise.

I have not tendered but have similar questions. I read somewhere that the Regal Princess has a special “stair stepper” for the disabled to assist with tendering but have not heard any personal feedback on how it works or if there were any issues.

• 1 month later...

We just disembarked the Emerald Princess, the final cruise before the quarantine.  My husband also uses a Travelscoot, he's been using it for about 3 years, and for the first time ever he was denied Tender boarding for our excursion for at the  Panama Canal.  Yes, he had trouble at the previous Tender port because of the way the Tenders were designed (different than any we had experienced in nearly 70 cruises) but we told everyone, even up to the Captain, that if he had had his walker with him there would not have been an issue.  There was no way we could convince anyone to even see him maneuver with his walker, it was just a solid "NO', he would not be allowed on the Tender in the Panama Canal port.  It was so frustrating!!!