Mallorca - Formula one tour concerns

bedfordmom

I am interested in taking a independent tour in Mallorca Formula one, sports car tour of the island. The fine print said that if it rains and the tour is cancelled there are no refunds just rescheduling up to a year. This is most concerning as coming from the states, chances are that I won’t be back.so my question does it rain much in May. Does anyone have experience with  that company?

I'm a huge Formula 1 fan so the title of your post interested me as Mallorca has no connections to F1. I've attended a couple of races and have booked to go to the Japanese Grand Prix in October of this year. I book through the official F1 website and I can tell you that the company you mention have copied the layout, fonts and logos of the official F1 website.

I have no experience of the company you're looking to do a tour with but personally I would avoid any company that fraudulently tries to associate itself with a global brand. 

The sports car operator in question is actually called Formula Tours, not Formula 1

Yes, they've copied FI's style, colours, fonts, etc.

But I think Jimmy's being more than a bit harsh on any organisation that puts "Formula One" into its name - it's a name used throughout Europe for everything from pizzerias & diners upwards. 

The biggest tyre suppliers in the UK is a chain call Formula One Autocentres. 

The 3-wheel cars they use are the Polaris Slingshot.

Google it.

2.4 litre pocket-rockets that don't look like they weigh more than a feather. 

So they have a ridiculous power-to-weight ratio, and your butt millimetres from the asphalt. 

Sounds like fun.

But no weather protection.

None. 

Mallorca doesn't get much rain in May - under 1.5"  in May spread over about 5 days.

Rain can spoil a day that you've paid for, that's bad luck for you.

But if the operator cancels for any reason, that should always be bad luck for the operator, not the client.

And of course a rain-check is no good to you, or to thousands of holiday-makers on the island.

So I certainly wouldn't risk my money on such a one-sided contract.

BTW I couldn't find anywhere on their website the small-print about no-refund in the event of the operator cancelling. 

Well-hidden?

JB :classic_smile: