Tromsø Cable Car

Has anyone done this on a ship’s tour?  We will be in port in June on the Crown Princess along with another large cruise ship, the Aida Sol.  Just wondering if the lines for the cable car get so long that you spend all your allotted time waiting to go up and then waiting to come down.  Trying to decide if the excursion is worth it.

Has anyone done this on a ship’s tour?  We will be in port in June on the Crown Princess along with another large cruise ship, the Aida Sol.  Just wondering if the lines for the cable car get so long that you spend all your allotted time waiting to go up and then waiting to come down.  Trying to decide if the excursion is worth it.
We did this excursion on our Viking cruise. We did probably spend as much time in line waiting to go up as we were able to spend at the top. However, we didn't have to wait to back down.
There was another large ship in town (MSC?) and I think their busses just beat ours to the parking lot. And our excursion probably had scheduled less time for that part of the excursion, so we went up after them but had to go back down before them.
That said, it's a great view of Tromsø from up there. Strangely, and unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures from the top - just some quick videos. I think our tour guide only gave us 10 minutes at the top before she wanted us to head down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, just_dont said:

We did this excursion on our Viking cruise. We did probably spend as much time in line waiting to go up as we were able to spend at the top. However, we didn't have to wait to back down.
There was another large ship in town (MSC?) and I think their busses just beat ours to the parking lot. And our excursion probably had scheduled less time for that part of the excursion, so we went up after them but had to go back down before them.
That said, it's a great view of Tromsø from up there. Strangely, and unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures from the top - just some quick videos. I think our tour guide only gave us 10 minutes at the top before she wanted us to head down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you...I'm guessing this is what I can also expect.  

We took a city bus over on our own and didn't need to wait at all, since there weren't very many people arriving at the same time. At the top we decided to walk a bit further up the hill before heading back down and walking ~10 minutes over to see the Arctic Cathedral.

7 hours ago, kaisatsu said:

We took a city bus over on our own and didn't need to wait at all, since there weren't very many people arriving at the same time. At the top we decided to walk a bit further up the hill before heading back down and walking ~10 minutes over to see the Arctic Cathedral.

I would love to take the bus (and decide once we get there whether the weather is nice enough to go), but we arrive there on a Sunday when apparently buses are few and far between.