Seahorse Sailing Adventures?

w8ing2cruz

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this tour company. I like the idea of a smaller group and a real catamaran with more snorkeling than boozing. Although I was somewhat disappointed that they only allow one cocktail with the cruise. Contemplateing between this one and the Yellow Bird. Do you think they would let us bring a cooler on board? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

When will you be there? I know Scubagirrl knows about this company and recommends it.

Sea Island adventures also has a couple good tours 1/2 day and full day snorkle/sail to Rose Island. We will be taking a full day with them on the 12th and another group of us are taking their Historical Cruise on the 13th. I have heard many good things about them here on CC.

I too liked the idea of the smaller, more intimate boat but we need one that docks at the beach (and not out in the water) for someone that is traveling with us that had recent hip surgery $63 (if booked online) with 10% discount for an all day 10-4 Lunch included $40 1/2 day Rose Island

Rose Island is just beautiful and have heard the snorkeling is wonderful:

The Coral reefs begin only 15ft from our beautiful beach and extend to a bountiful barrier reef some 200ft away; all teeming with rainbow colors from the fish and coral. Because the reefs are so close and numerous it makes it the ideal snorkeling haven for beginners and experts alike. The snorkeling excursion includes all equipment, instructions (if needed), and a guided tour of the coral reef by our experienced and friendly instructors.

http://www.seaislandadventures.com/daytrip.lasso

The YellowBird goes to Pearl Island and I dont think the snorkeling is as good there from what I have heard/read. I will be doing the Yellowbird on Valentine's Day.woooo hoooooooooooooo

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this tour company. I like the idea of a smaller group and a real catamaran with more snorkeling than boozing. Although I was somewhat disappointed that they only allow one cocktail with the cruise. Contemplateing between this one and the Yellow Bird. Do you think they would let us bring a cooler on board? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

You'd have to ask the Seahorse tour company if they would allow a cooler. You may be allowed a small soft cooler (a small six pack size could fit in your beach bag) .. but I doubt there's room for anything bigger.. and don't forget.. you're in close quarters with others, so you'd feel awkward partying elbow to elbow with those who have not brought along supplies.

Keep in mind that NO snorkeling tour will allow you to drink BEFORE you get to your destination (they don't want to be responsibel for drunks in the water) and they may not want the responsibility of drinkers onboard.

As for the Yellowbird.. you can't bring your own booze/soda etc. onboard. and you can't bring booze to the island. (you can't even bring the rum punch from the boat to the beach.. they make you finish it.. or leave it)

This is so on any tour that sells liguor.

Archived