Rail&Fly program / Frankfurt to Berlin ICE Train

We are on a Baltic cruise in August with a pre-trip to Berlin.  Our plan is to fly direct Denver to Frankfurt and then take the ICE DB train to Berlin.  There is a discount plan called the Rail&Fly program - has anyone taken advantage of it?   How about this train?  

Sounds like the ICE train station is next to the Frankfurt Main airport.  Wonder how long is prudent to schedule between flight arrival and getting on the Berlin train?   Sounds like due to the popularity of this train, it's important to have a seat and ticket prior to arrival, even though they run hourly. 

Yes, the train station is connected to the airport by a walkway a couple levels above baggage claim.

You'll obviously need to get through immigration and customs first. Probably a good idea to plan at least an hour and a half between flight arrival and train departure. If you book a first class ticket in the ICE, there is a lounge on the top floor of the train station (same level as the walkway, iirc) where you can wait.

I didn't use the combo plan. Just booked tix in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The ICE trains are really nice, high-speed

express trains. When choosing seats, it can be difficult to determine whether you'll be facing forward or backward, as they have seats facing both ways, and either end of the train could be the 'front'.

I've taken a couple ICE trains, but never to Berlin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk