Epicurean and Sindhu Menus 1 & 2

peteukmcr

I'm investigating the Epicurean and Sindhu restaurants on Britannia and see the P&O website gives examples of "Menus 1 & 2".

How does this work, are they rotated on different days? If so, how do you know what days they are offered?

Thanks

Just now, Hobson1754 said:

When we were recently on Britannia and dined at Sindhu the waiter told us that the menu would be changing the following week (actually 6 days later) so I assume that they change it weekly.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Hobson1754 said:

When we were recently on Britannia and dined at Sindhu the waiter told us that the menu would be changing the following week (actually 6 days later) so I assume that they change it weekly.

On a 7 night cruise, I think it changes after 4 days? 

We have definitely had both menus about 3/4 days apart. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

On a 7 night cruise, I think it changes after 4 days? 

We have definitely had both menus about 3/4 days apart. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, happy v said:

It does vary according to the length of the cruise. You wont really know which menu until you get on board. If you do book and it isn't the menu you want it is easy to change.

As this is a 14 night TA I’ll be interested to see how much in advance we’ll know the nights for each menu. If we can change easily we may do that, but having reviewed the options I believe we can cope with either. Just wondered how P&O communicated what days were which menu. On RCI one of the speciality restaurants used to have a choice of menus, but posted the days on which they would be applicable on day 1 when you boarded, so if you had pre-booked for a day for which you didn’t like the menu, you at least on day 1 have enough notice to change if you needed to. 

I always thought that it changed half way through. So last year On 7n cruise we went to sindu twice. At beginning and second to last night and menus were different. 

as far as I know the menu is up on a board outside. We just asked the waiter what day it was changing cos we knew we wanted to come back but didn’t want to repeat the menu. 

we’re on a 14 night one soon so I assume it will changed on night 7 at a guess

9 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

As this is a 14 night TA I’ll be interested to see how much in advance we’ll know the nights for each menu. If we can change easily we may do that, but having reviewed the options I believe we can cope with either. Just wondered how P&O communicated what days were which menu. On RCI one of the speciality restaurants used to have a choice of menus, but posted the days on which they would be applicable on day 1 when you boarded, so if you had pre-booked for a day for which you didn’t like the menu, you at least on day 1 have enough notice to change if you needed to. 

The waiters are aware of when it will be changing as they used it as a bit of a selling point to get us to book again after our first night meal in Sindhu. 

I still think it will change every few nights on 14 night cruises as they will want you to book as many times as possible, so we would probably try both menus in the first week then choose our fav to return in the second. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I always thought that it changed half way through. So last year On 7n cruise we went to sindu twice. At beginning and second to last night and menus were different. 

as far as I know the menu is up on a board outside. We just asked the waiter what day it was changing cos we knew we wanted to come back but didn’t want to repeat the menu. 

we’re on a 14 night one soon so I assume it will changed on night 7 at a guess

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

The waiters are aware of when it will be changing as they used it as a bit of a selling point to get us to book again after our first night meal in Sindhu. 

I still think it will change every few nights on 14 night cruises as they will want you to book as many times as possible, so we would probably try both menus in the first week then choose our fav to return in the second. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

Again thanks for your feedback. Whether we'll go more than once is up for debate, we'll see how we get on.

• Like 1

Just to confirm, the menus change on a 3/4 day basis.  There will probably be a “stall” in the atrium as you embark and for the whole of embarkation day.  Staff there will take bookings and will be able to tell you which menu will be on each night, plus they will know the formal nights’ schedule too.

If you miss out then you can phone the booking line, watch out for Sindhu/Epicurean staff going round the ship with a clipboard, or call in to Sindhu whenever it’s open

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Again thanks for your feedback. Whether we'll go more than once is up for debate, we'll see how we get on.

we went back to sindu after the first time even though I said I didn’t wanna pay for it cos I’ve got short hands and deep pockets and I thought that £20pp was expensive. 

we actually said no sindu at all! But we were pursued to go as they did a discount on the first night if we went between 6-6.30 now that time suits us no problem and I love discounts so it was 1/3 off the original price. 

im always gonna ask now on the first day if there will be a deal like that- just a heads up if you’d like to save some money

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There are reports on another forum that P&O are trialling a la carte pricing in Sindhu on some ships.

was this what they did for lunch cos I know that looked different than the evening meals. 

could do with changing the menu every year too cos lots cruise on here least once a year and I’m sure that menu is 5yr+ old

22 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

was this what they did for lunch cos I know that looked different than the evening meals. 

could do with changing the menu every year too cos lots cruise on here least once a year and I’m sure that menu is 5yr+ old

They do a 'Tiffin' menu on some ships at lunchtime, which is effectively small plates, priced individually like the Glasshouse I believe? 

I know the Beach House menu has recently been updated with 50% new dishes, so perhaps Sindhu will follow suit soon. 

Andy 

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

They do a 'Tiffin' menu on some ships at lunchtime, which is effectively small plates, priced individually like the Glasshouse I believe? 

I know the Beach House menu has recently been updated with 50% new dishes, so perhaps Sindhu will follow suit soon. 

Andy 

new dishes? They were there in May last year. Same as on the website 

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

what ship were you on?

Ventura. 

Perhaps somebody who is onboard now could get us a copy? 

We had a leaflet placed in the cabin about a sort of launch night of the new menu, we didn't go but did have a little look. All the favourites were still there but with a fair few additions. 

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ventura. 

Perhaps somebody who is onboard now could get us a copy? 

We had a leaflet placed in the cabin about a sort of launch night of the new menu, we didn't go but did have a little look. All the favourites were still there but with a fair few additions. 

Andy 

oh we’re on ventura 

were it these?

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/VE_beach_menu_1.pdf

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/VE_beach_menu_2.pdf

11 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Nah, I'm sure that's the old ones.. 

From memory, there were different choices of burgers and more than 1 steak.. 

Wish I had paid more attention now.. 

Andy 

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nah, I'm sure that's the old ones.. 

From memory, there were different choices of burgers and more than 1 steak.. 

Wish I had paid more attention now.. 

Andy 

that’s what I keep thinking. I wrote down what drinks we had so I know roughly what to budget but for some reason I forgot everything else. 
should start scrap booking then I would have had all the little papers I want to look at now 

• Like 1

Current

fwiw I think the menus and portion sizes have improved.  I thought the amounts of food at each course used to be excessive; it feels better to me now.  Still not my favourite type of food but nice for a change and if other people love it then good for them.  I always say the choices in all things - food, entertainment, etc - on cruises makes it possible to tailor to suit the individual

89232A32-D5DF-4B20-9F2D-30A8A285F798.jpeg

6E279D14-EA5E-4A1A-844B-660C9854EC64.jpeg

5 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Current

fwiw I think the menus and portion sizes have improved.  I thought the amounts of food at each course used to be excessive; it feels better to me now.  Still not my favourite type of food but nice for a change and if other people love it then good for them.  I always say the choices in all things - food, entertainment, etc - on cruises makes it possible to tailor to suit the individual

these are the same menu as when we went last May. 

the fajitas were really good here though. Better than America when I went to after

39 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Current

Thanks Eddie. 

Hope you are having a great time. 

What ship are you on as these don't look like the new ones we saw on Ventura? 

Perhaps it was a trial. 

Andy