Issues with reserving dinner & excursions?

colesc15

Has anyone had issues before with making dinner reservations and excursions while trying to add others from another booking number? Every year we've linked up another account to ours for my time dining and excursions but this year for both I get a message when trying to find the other reservation saying "unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party separately"? It's the same message for both dinners and excursions. Trying to avoid calling awful customer service. 

Edited by colesc15

If the reservations are not set up for like dining, or one of them is in a restricted group (put there by a TA), you will not be able to combine them.   I would call RCI (or your TA) and ask what the issue is.  If they tell you the issue you can contact the other party and coordinate the criteria so that it matches.

I have this exact issue.

The party that reserved via TA cannot be combined with our other reservations. I've spoken to multiple customer service agents and they basically have said there is no way to combine them to make reservations via cruise planner, but they can see the accounts are linked for MDR reservations (the TA has called to get them linked). 

I emailed Dining about getting a table reserved for Solarium Bistro all together instead of the 2 reservations we had to do separately. This was their response :

"As for the Solarium Bistro and dining packages, you will be able to make the reservations for only A&B at the same time but because C is reserved thu a group that will not allow you to make reservations for all 3 at the same time. Reservation C can indeed make reservations online but will not be able to reserve all 3 reservations at the same time. I'd suggest you contact our Pre Cruise Planner department for assistance with reserving all 3 reservations"

I contacted precruise planner department and this was their response:

"We are pleased that you and your party chose to sail with us. In order to link your dining times; travel agent bookings, the guest Travel Agent must call in and set up arrangements. You are able to link your dining however the other guests must agree. Please have them call in and confirm their dining with you. I will also not your booking that you are requesting to dining with the other bookings."

The TA has already called twice and linked our reservations together, so I am not sure what the next step would be. I'm hoping that we will be able to get it figured out on the ship since specialty dining reservations need to be made on the ship anyway.