NCL APP used for texting and calling

yearsofcruising

Have the app from other NCL cruises but considering text n calling option. Maybe not bring walkie talkies this time.

I sign up via my " Account " & pay the service charge of $9.95.

However , my wife ? She needs the app as well but she is on the same cabin account.....

Any clarifications..thx

I haven't personally used it (yet), but we have signed up. The way that I believe it works is that you (as the main account name) sign in using your NCL ID and password. Your wife would download the app and create a new user ID for herself. She will input your reservation number, so it links to your cabin reservation.

From my understanding, once you get onboard, the calling and messaging part of the app is activated and it is then you are given the chance to pay the $9.95 and it will generate a new "number" for you instead of your actual phone number (someone please correct me if that is wrong, but that is how I read the FAQs).

That feature is only available while on the ship because it uses the ship's WIFI. What I am not clear about is whether it uses any WIFI package minutes that you receive or if just purchasing the app gives you unlimited usage to message/call separate from your WIFI package.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GracyandGravy said:

I haven't personally used it (yet), but we have signed up. The way that I believe it works is that you (as the main account name) sign in using your NCL ID and password. Your wife would download the app and create a new user ID for herself. She will input your reservation number, so it links to your cabin reservation.

From my understanding, once you get onboard, the calling and messaging part of the app is activated and it is then you are given the chance to pay the $9.95 and it will generate a new "number" for you instead of your actual phone number (someone please correct me if that is wrong, but that is how I read the FAQs).

That feature is only available while on the ship because it uses the ship's WIFI. What I am not clear about is whether it uses any WIFI package minutes that you receive or if just purchasing the app gives you unlimited usage to message/call separate from your WIFI package.

thxs  will also  re-read the faqs